No announcement yet.

Dragonball Z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piccolo used to be so cool, It's terrible how all of OG characters were made useless by the second half of DBZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
      Piccolo used to be so cool, It's terrible how all of OG characters were made useless by the second half of DBZ.
      Its all about the Sayians, not no Namics, and humans and midget clowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        Its all about the Sayians, not no Namics, and humans and midget clowns.
        "Look Vegeta, its a pokemon."

"I'm not a pokemon, I'm Choutsu, Choutsu!!!"

"Look Vegeta, its a Choutsu".

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
          Its all about the Gayians, not no Namics, and humans and midget clowns.

fixed :10 chars:

Comment

fixed :10 chars:
            The DB enemies were lame as ****. No idea why youre so enamored with scrubs like Choutsu, Yamcha, Tien etc etc. Those guys were weak & boring.

Though I guess I also find you rather lame & boring, so it fits !

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
              The DB enemies were lame as ****. No idea why youre so enamored with scrubs like Choutsu, Yamcha, Tien etc etc. Those guys were weak & boring.

Maybe weak...but they sure were'nt boring. They were original and different from each other.

Comment

Stronger doesn't equal better character depth. Not at all.

And what do the enemies in Dragonball (I'm assuming you mean before Raditz's arrival) have to do with characters like Tenshinhan, Yamcha, or Chaoz?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Maybe weak...but they sure were'nt boring. They were original and different from each other.
                  Word. Tenshinhan by far had the most interesting techniques.

By the time there were three known Super Saiyans, things were definitely getting repetitive. By the end of the series you have five in the same current story. Good thing Akira stopped. Although he admitted by the time Buu rolled around he was getting tired.
                  Last edited by Ness; 04-17-2009, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ness View Post
                    Word. Tenshinhan by far had the most interesting techniques.

By the time there were three known Super Saiyans, things were definitely getting repetitive. By the end of the series you have five in the same current story. Good thing Akira stopped. Although he admitted by the time Buu rolled around he was getting tired.
                    It sure took away from the cool factor, especially when children achieved such status. All the saiyans had similar attacks as well (some random blast), nothing original. Early on a special move meant something (had a backstory on why/how they use it) and was different and unique.

Comment

It sure took away from the cool factor, especially when children achieved such status. All the saiyans had similar attacks as well (some random blast), nothing original. Early on a special move meant something (had a backstory on why/how they use it) and was different and unique.
                      If it wasn't for Akira Toriyama's art I would have probably stopped reading a long time ago.

Comment

If it wasn't for Akira Toriyama's art I would have probably stopped reading a long time ago.
                        I actually was never a big fan of his artwork (well in elementary I was because it was easy to draw). When I look at it in a more (DB) humorous light, then I respect it. I've never liked the artwork for Chrono Trigger, DBZ, and his other works, but I give him props on being different than 90% of the other manga artists out there (his style really stands out).

Comment

I actually was never a big fan of his artwork (well in elementary I was because it was easy to draw). When I look at it in a more (DB) humorous light, then I respect it. I've never liked the artwork for Chrono Trigger, DBZ, and his other works, but I give him props on being different than 90% of the other manga artists out there (his style really stands out).
                          Well his style changes A LOT throughout the series. It's even different now with his current Blue Dragon franchise. I really can't stand his early work with Dragonball...pretty much up until Raditz arrives and his style starts to become a lot more jagged I start appreciating it a lot more. By the end of the series it is totally more jagged by far and I think Akira is at his best here. And like you said his style is VERY distinct and is probably the most easily recognizable.

Comment

Well his style changes A LOT throughout the series. It's even different now with his current Blue Dragon franchise. I really can't stand his early work with Dragonball...pretty much up until Raditz arrives and his style starts to become a lot more jagged I start appreciating it a lot more. By the end of the series it is totally more jagged by far and I think Akira is at his best here. And like you said his style is VERY distinct and is probably the most easily recognizable.

For me it's the opposite...:D

Comment

• Awww Im sorry Braveheart, i was being a jerk last night.

Youre not lame & boring.

Well, maybe just one ;)

Comment

Awww Im sorry Braveheart, i was being a jerk last night.

Youre not lame & boring.

Well, maybe just one ;)
                                ......you talking about me?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information