Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
    after frieza, the show got lame (IMO). Dragonball/early Z>>>>Z and GT
    I know that amongst the hardcore fans the consensus is that the Frieza saga, with the emergence of the Super Saiyana and all was the zenith of DBZ, but I didn't get into it until the Android Saga, and I watched from there all the way to the Majin Buu saga before backtracking.

So for me, Super Saiyans and all that was 'normal'. But I do love the Frieza & Saiyan Sagas as well. Hell I even adored GT.

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
    Mr. Popo is the single most frightening being in all existance.
    you, the dirt, the worms that live in the dirt, popo's stool, kami, popo.

The Namekians are awesome too:

"NAIL!!"
    - "yes?"
    "I saw a fish. That is all. Go back outside"

<nail complains about how boring namek is>

"NAIL"
    - "WHAT?!"
    "I saw a bird. It was pretty. It kicks ass"

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I started watching it way back in 98, when it used to come on early Sunday mornings, way before the move to Toonami. But for whatever reason the episodes used to end during the Frieza saga, when Goku first arrives and kills Rakoom, then it would go all the way back to the episode 1. Whatever, I still watched every episode. Good times.

And:

Best DBZ ever.

Comment

Never seen the show lol. I've heard it's good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
          I know that amongst the hardcore fans the consensus is that the Frieza saga, with the emergence of the Super Saiyana and all was the zenith of DBZ, but I didn't get into it until the Android Saga, and I watched from there all the way to the Majin Buu saga before backtracking.
          So for me, Super Saiyans and all that was 'normal'. But I do love the Frieza & Saiyan Sagas as well. Hell I even adored GT.

you, the dirt, the worms that live in the dirt, popo's stool, kami, popo.

The Namekians are awesome too:

"NAIL!!"
          - "yes?"
          "I saw a fish. That is all. Go back outside"

<nail complains about how boring namek is>

"NAIL"
          - "WHAT?!"
          "I saw a bird. It was pretty. It kicks ass"
          It felt that the series got boring and repetitive. Goku defeats person who threatens earth (and has multiple forms). This person is just a lil stronger than the last enemy so goku needs to go to a next level of super saiyajin. Goku and gang defeat enemy...now repeat. The fight scenes got very boring and repititive too.

Comment

I've only read the mangas, and they were great. Shows were just loud screaming all over the place.

Comment

Eh, up until the Frieza Saga was more inspired for sure. After that it got a bit formulaic...but with that many episodes what can you expect? Akira Toriyama said multiple times he was burnt out. If you look at the progression from Dragon Ball to GT(which he wasn't even involved in that much) you can kind of see that part of it died along the way. That's ok though. It was still absolutely fantastic.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

DBZ was suppose to end after the Frieza Saga, but since it caught on so well they just kept rolling with it.

Come on GT, i wish Goku into a child....really, ******* really, a child, ***** the balls can make any wish come true and you pick child. Clearly they made up GT out of their ass.

Anyone watch anything else?
                I am watching Bleach, also you should try Code Geass

Comment

Please don't ever let me see another troll reference again. I'm seriously scarred for life, and that was back in November.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

If I were a superhero I would be Broly. His power is maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      Please don't ever let me see another troll reference again. I'm seriously scarred for life, and that was back in November.
                      what you talks about voodoo

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        Its really that bad. Think about how bad Disaster movie was. And Ready 2 Rumble. And Troll 2. Then add on an extra helping of bad. And that's how good the best parts of the movie used in the trailer are.
                        This movie is to never be mentioned again. It doesn't exist!
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Greatness this show was.....Anyone remember the draft we had...

Comment

Yes, Broly is the most bad ass of all the DBZ characters. The movies with him are awesome. Bio-Brolly isn't that good, but it isn't bad.

I agree that GT was the worst, but definitely can't agree that Dragonball was better than Z at any point really. Come on, there were no Saiyajins (outside of chibi Goku) and the big baddies were chumps like Yamcha & Tien. The movie also looks like rubbish, no one looks anywhere close their cartoon versions. Freaking Piccolo is off white.

And Bleach is literally the current day DBZ. The shows are similar in so many facets. Bleach will go on and on forever with episodes. Every new arc they must face slightly more powerful opponents and reach all new levels of power! Bankai=SSJ. Most fights take 2-3 episodes because they spend more time talking to each other than fighting. They still havent learned the meaning of 'montage' and continue to devote multiple episodes to training. Kenpachi is the man though. He is basically Broly however.

Comment

besides for being buff, what was so great about Broly? I always thought his character was lame. No personality whatsoever, boring.

Dragon ball was a much more creative and fun show. It never got boring, had plenty of surprises and new ideas instead of just recycling the same ideas every saga (DBZ). .

Early DBZ was the ish though, loved it, made me a fan.

Comment

Broly was great because he blew **** up better than anyone else. He fought everyone at once! He was literally the definition of destruction, come on man, hes the god damn Legendary Super Saiyajin!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information