No announcement yet.

Dragonball Z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Dragonball Z cards from Japan in the 80's worth anything?

Comment

Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
      Broly was great because he blew **** up better than anyone else. He fought everyone at once! He was literally the definition of destruction, come on man, hes the god damn Legendary Super Saiyajin!
      Did he really, Freeza and vegeta blew up planets with one blast :) (bad writing by toriyama).

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
        Did he really, Freeza and vegeta blew up planets with one blast :) (bad writing by toriyama).
        Bah! Freeza was a *****, took me like 30 episodes to figure out Freeza's damn sex. I remember Vegeta's Big Bang Attack on the planet, wasnt that in the VERY start of DBZ when him and Nappa? stopped at some planet randomly while Goku & Raditz were still going at it.

But still, Broly did fight Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, Trunks, & Piccolo all at once and they couldnt kill him.

Comment

Bah! Freeza was a *****, took me like 30 episodes to figure out Freeza's damn sex. I remember Vegeta's Big Bang Attack on the planet, wasnt that in the VERY start of DBZ when him and Nappa? stopped at some planet randomly while Goku & Raditz were still going at it.

But still, Broly did fight Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, Trunks, & Piccolo all at once and they couldnt kill him.
          I thought they did (goku punched him in the gut, lol).

Comment

Yes, Broly is the most bad ass of all the DBZ characters. The movies with him are awesome. Bio-Brolly isn't that good, but it isn't bad.

I agree that GT was the worst, but definitely can't agree that Dragonball was better than Z at any point really. Come on, there were no Saiyajins (outside of chibi Goku) and the big baddies were chumps like Yamcha & Tien. The movie also looks like rubbish, no one looks anywhere close their cartoon versions. Freaking Piccolo is off white.

And Bleach is literally the current day DBZ. The shows are similar in so many facets. Bleach will go on and on forever with episodes. Every new arc they must face slightly more powerful opponents and reach all new levels of power! Bankai=SSJ. Most fights take 2-3 episodes because they spend more time talking to each other than fighting. They still havent learned the meaning of 'montage' and continue to devote multiple episodes to training. Kenpachi is the man though. He is basically Broly however.

Bleach is much better, if they took out the stupid ass filers then you would be like ohh **** this is awesome. And some fight scenes they extend on to much. In Bleach you have the good guy turn bad and make a whole new regime, he was just playing everyone. They already have reached the new level of power they just don't know how to control it. And they had Bankai from the start. Then again I guess it is similar, each sword has a release = SJ, and then Bankai = SSJ.

Comment

I thought they did (goku punched him in the gut, lol).
              Well it is the DBZ universe where no one is truly dead haha. He was able to come back for a couple more movies after his first 'death'. I don't remember how he came back for his 2nd movie, in the 3rd (bio-broly) scientists sort of brought him back, but he was more of a big blob of goo than a saiyajin.

And ya, Bleach & DBZ arent exactly the same, but I still contend that Bleach is the modern day slightly evolved DBZ. They share a lot of similarities.

Comment

I soooo loved DBZ back in the day.....I remember my first time through the Freiza sage (or however it's spelled....) So epic....lol.

Vegeta and Piccolo were my favs for sure.

Comment

they are all shonen books (teenage boy hero stuff).

Comment

Bad Ass.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

they are all shonen books (teenage boy hero stuff).
                      The japanese love their teenage school boy turned crazy powerful killer/hero !

Comment

Yo where did you watch Cowboy Bebop Knockin' on Heavens Door

I must see that, the series was awesome in both Jap and English.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                          Yo where did you watch Cowboy Bebop Knockin' on Heavens Door

I must see that, the series was awesome in both Jap and English.
                          I actually went with a few friends and saw it in a local art theater when it first came to the states, don't think ive seen it subbed.

Comment

I actually went with a few friends and saw it in a local art theater when it first came to the states, don't think ive seen it subbed.
                            Cowboy bebop is awesome, looking through your list I have seen quite a few.

If you want to have a good laugh watch a few episodes of Eye Shield 21

Also I see you like the fighting and sword play theme, as do I, check out Rurouni Kenshin. --- just saw it on your list a 10 it does deserve a 10

Also whats up no Naruto Shippuden

Comment

Being best friends with two kids from hong kong who went to visit every summer meant I watched to much of this show. Piccolo was the original badass of the show, although I got into Gundam's a lot more then it was Outlaw Star/Trigun and finally NGE/Ghost in Shell/Akira was the culmination of my anime phase. This show was hilarious though and I'm hoping the movie is awesomely bad.
                              Last edited by Mr. Hero; 04-03-2009, 03:15 AM.

Comment

The movie is super bad looking at the trailer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information