Dragonball Z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
    Cowboy bebop is awesome, looking through your list I have seen quite a few.

If you want to have a good laugh watch a few episodes of Eye Shield 21

Also I see you like the fighting and sword play theme, as do I, check out Rurouni Kenshin. --- just saw it on your list a 10 it does deserve a 10

Also whats up no Naruto Shippuden
    For the most part I do my best to avoid the ridiculously long series. Naruto also looked a bit too kiddy for me. I got sucked into Bleach, I had no idea it wasnt a typical 26 episode series when I started it.

I also haven't seen much any of the Kenshin series, but I have seen Samurai X the Kenshin prequel. Its a 4 ep OVA and absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
        For the most part I do my best to avoid the ridiculously long series. Naruto also looked a bit too kiddy for me. I got sucked into Bleach, I had no idea it wasnt a typical 26 episode series when I started it.

I also haven't seen much any of the Kenshin series, but I have seen Samurai X the Kenshin prequel. Its a 4 ep OVA and absolutely brilliant.
        I'll have to watch it then.

Naruto is kiddy, not Shippuden.

Comment

check out Blade of the Immortal

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            I'll have to watch it then.

Naruto is kiddy, not Shippuden.
            Been trying to dig up a youtube vid of the first 5-10 minutes of my fav series to link you up too, I think I may have found one. Must screen it first to verify that it isn't censored though, hate censors!

Just a sec.

Comment

As this show so epically teaches the answer to global warming is yelling loudly enough...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E_bse0BLJ8

Comment

Hmm, this was the best I can find bhaa. And this is the censored version, imagine the uncut, mucho better :)
                Last edited by El Peefs?????; 04-03-2009, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Hmm, this was the best I can find bhaa. And this is the censored version, imagine the uncut, mucho better :)
                  WTF was that?

i'll watch a few episodes to see if it gets better

One of my main things is, it needs good artistic work, or it better have an amazing story like Cowboy Bebop, it was made in 95 but damn that **** is classic.
                  Last edited by brat316; 04-03-2009, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Haha I love seeing peoples encounters to its opening. Has a very nice shock value. The story is amazing. The music is very powerful too, fits well with the demeanor of the series. Very Requiem'esque. But yes, there is random nudity & a lot of gore.

Comment

Haha I love seeing peoples encounters to its opening. Has a very nice shock value. The story is amazing. The music is very powerful too, fits well with the demeanor of the series. Very Requiem'esque. But yes, there is random nudity & a lot of gore.
                      I'm assuming you've seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, is this show on par? Seems bloody enough to be entertaining at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
                        I'm assuming you've seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, is this show on par? Seems bloody enough to be entertaining at least.
                        Ugh, I love this show so much more than Eva. I've seen Eva before it, Ive seen Eva many times (actually I have the remastered DVD's.. well if they ever get returned to me) and I honestly still have no idea wtf happens in a lot of it. They randomly switch between plot ideas, often forgetting and never getting back to many of them. It has two endings, both of which are serious head scratchers. I say this as someone who, overall, really enjoys Evangelion too. Elfen Lied is much better.

I love Elfen Lied's gore for shock value, especially that scene. But there are a lot of gory yet awful shows. Elfen Lied is about way more than a bunch of violence, it lays out an incredible story that really gets to you in only 13 eps.
                        Last edited by El Peefs?????; 04-03-2009, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Cool, I'll add that to my list for after finals.

I loved NGE, granted I first saw it as an early teen and have seen it a couple times through so it's really not that confusing to me, or at least it wasn't last time I watched it, so if this is as good or better I look forward to watching it during my summer of psychedelics.

Comment

Have you ever seen Rah'Xephon? In a way it has nearly the same plot as Eva (entirely different story though, if that makes sense) but isn't quite as out there when it comes to crazy ish that goes no where. I think it was a better overall show.

Most of NGA is left to interpretation, if you go and talk to different people who have seen it all they will all probably tell you something different as to what a lot of stuff was/meant.

Comment

And that was what I loved about it when i first saw it, is that there was so much in the storyline yet there was still so much just hinted at that you could take a number of different ways. I thought it was a really rich show that left you with a lot more than was in it, and I never got that heavy into anime, I listed pretty much every show/movie I've watched in its entirety above, didn't even finish cowboy bebop.

Comment

Originally posted by Draft King View Post
                                Vegeta is easily the best character the show. He is developed the most throughout and is just such a huge badass. Goku ain't got **** on him. On the movie I know it will be god-awful but it is DBZ so I have no choice but to see it.
                                I thought Vegeta was the worst. He's even more of an arrogant fool in the manga. Piccolo is the true badass. Vegeta is just an idiot.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information