Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragonball Z

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Addict View Post
    I suppose Broly would be strong as hell, he was and is still the ONLY Legendary Super Saiyan in the entire series.



    I love Vegeta because of his arrogance. The one thing I always hated about DBZ is that Goku was the hero. It should have been Vegeta, who has a much better character for a series. Really, Goku is too... perfect. Vegeta has his flaws, but he's a very fluid character with a very clear devellopment throughout the series. Goku starts of as a rediculously strong moron with a huge appetite and he still is when the series end (DB original, Z and GT) he doesn't really change one bit. Vegeta is always the same, but different, but the vegeta from GT is still very clearly the same guy as he was in the Saiyan Saga, but he's changed through the years.

    That's why I love Vegeta, he's the strongest character.
    No...the strongest character is Son Goku, and always has been...no matter how much you admire Vegeta. Towards the end of the series, Vegeta even admits that Son Goku is a stronger fighter and that no amount of training will ever be enough to surpass him.

    And I don't consider GT canon at all because it doesn't make sense in the slightest in terms of how Dragonball was written and Akira Toriyama wasn't part of the development.

    Why would Vegeta have been the hero of the series? That isn't logical at all. He was a villian for quite some time and didn't show any form of self-righteousness until the series was practically over. Honestly, his development is in mirror image of Piccolo Daimao, except that Vegeta was more arrogant to the point of where he didn't think straight and usually paid for it in the form of a severe beatdown and or caused more problems for the other Z Senshi. It just took longer for him to "turn a new leaf". There is a consistent theme of karma usually biting him in the ass, which is probably why he never passes Son Goku in skill.
    Last edited by Ness; 04-04-2009, 08:46 PM.

    "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Paul View Post
      I always liked the Japanese version of that scene more.



      Epic.
      The Japanese version of the entire series is drastically overall better. The American dubbed version is complete garbage. Actually, the anime isn't that great at all when compared to the manga. And the movies aren't anything special in my opinion either. I only have one favorite which is "Dead Zone." "The World's Strongest Guy" is decent, as is "Super Deciding Battle for the Entire Planet Earth." Everything afterwards is very average with the same themes coming over and over again with the storylines getting more absurd. If you think about it, most of the films are just a shortcut as to what happened in the storyline of the actual anime/manga.

      "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ness View Post
        No...the strongest character is Son Goku, and always has been...no matter how much you admire Vegeta. And I don't consider GT canon at all because it doesn't make sense in the slightest in terms of how Dragonball was written and Akira Toriyama wasn't part of the development.

        Why would Vegeta have been the hero of the series? That isn't logical at all. He was a villian for quite some time and didn't show any form of self-righteousness until the series was practically over. Honestly, his development is in mirror image of Piccolo Daimao, except that Vegeta was more arrogant to the point of where he didn't think straight and usually paid for it in the form of a severe beatdown and or caused more problems for the other Z Senshi. It just took longer for him to "turn a new leaf".
        I think he meant strongest in terms of character development, not actual power. But I'm actually not sure that I agree with that either. Did Vegeta really change all that much as the series went on? Not really. He was basically arrogant all the way through. The only change was he went from evil to kind of evil, to sort of neutral, to kind of good. His personality really never changed throughout however.



        Originally posted by Jakey
        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

        i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
          I think he meant strongest in terms of character development, not actual power. But I'm actually not sure that I agree with that either. Did Vegeta really change all that much as the series went on? Not really. He was basically arrogant all the way through. The only change was he went from evil to kind of evil, to sort of neutral, to kind of good. His personality really never changed throughout however.
          I always found Vegeta the most interesting character though. I cared more about what happened to him than pretty much everyone else. He may have been an arrogant prick but I just loved how flawed his character was. He may have taken a long time to change but he did eventually change. Admittedly it has been a really long time since I have watched the series so maybe my view on Vegate is a little skewed because of that but I also always found him to be the strongest character.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
            I always found Vegeta the most interesting character though. I cared more about what happened to him than pretty much everyone else. He may have been an arrogant prick but I just loved how flawed his character was. He may have taken a long time to change but he did eventually change. Admittedly it has been a really long time since I have watched the series so maybe my view on Vegate is a little skewed because of that but I also always found him to be the strongest character.
            I think you could say he's the most interesting character, but I really don't think his character is all that strong. As Ness pointed out, he's basically Piccolo (who probably had more character development and was likely a stronger character now that I think about it), but more powerful to face the increasingly powerful villians the show had to come up with once Super Saiyan was reached.



            Originally posted by Jakey
            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

            i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
              I always found Vegeta the most interesting character though. I cared more about what happened to him than pretty much everyone else. He may have been an arrogant prick but I just loved how flawed his character was. He may have taken a long time to change but he did eventually change. Admittedly it has been a really long time since I have watched the series so maybe my view on Vegate is a little skewed because of that but I also always found him to be the strongest character.
              Everyone always falls in love with the anti-hero. The Solid Snakes, the Batmans, the Wolverines. Which is fine, and I'll admit that Vegeta brings a element to the storyline that doesn't make it completely boring since by this time Piccolo Daimao calms down a little bit and is pretty much a good guy. But unlike Piccolo and the other examples of anti-heroes above, I just don't find Vegeta a very intelligent fighter, and his obsession to surpass Son Goku gets very annoying and repetitive to the point that whenever I read what Vegeta was saying it was always about surpassing Son Goku. It just becomes obnoxious to me.

              "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Ness View Post
                Everyone always falls in love with the anti-hero. The Solid Snakes, the Batmans, the Wolverines. Which is fine, and I'll admit that Vegeta brings a element to the storyline that doesn't make it completely boring since by this time Piccolo Daimao calms down a little bit and is pretty much a good guy. But unlike Piccolo and the other examples of anti-heroes above, I just don't find Vegeta a very intelligent fighter, and his obsession to surpass Son Goku gets very annoying and repetitive to the point that whenever I read what Vegeta was saying it was always about surpassing Son Goku. It just becomes obnoxious to me.
                that is the truth.

                Comment


                • I like the latin america spanish version more than any other... more than the Spain and English ones

                  Comment




                  • I just watched this on cartoon network about 70 seconds ago, and thought I'd post it.

                    The Major ftw.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Crickett View Post


                      I just watched this on cartoon network about 70 seconds ago, and thought I'd post it.

                      The Major ftw.
                      Ive had GiTS 2nd gig sitting on my hard drive forever, in sexy 720p too, but still havent gotten around to watching it.

                      Comment


                      • Was the second movie any good? I have the first one, one of the only movies I've downloaded instead of just streaming it, love it. But haven't found a good stream for the second one, and I sort of expect it to suck, sequels and all.

                        Comment


                        • Boooo I refuse to stream, love me watching in some HQ. I have the 1st one on DVD actually, never seen the second.

                          Comment





                          • Future Gohan(from Trunks' timeline) was by far my favorite DBZ character. His story was tragic but he was a badass. Definitely way cooler than the regular Gohan. He doesn't get enough credit for being awesome and the manga screwed him over.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JLaw45 View Post



                              Future Gohan(from Trunks' timeline) was by far my favorite DBZ character. His story was tragic but he was a badass. Definitely way cooler than the regular Gohan. He doesn't get enough credit for being awesome and the manga screwed him over.
                              Don't see how the manga screwed him over. He was a character in a very short story. Only a chapter if I'm not mistaken. He dies the same way as he did in the anime special if I remember correctly.

                              "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                              Originally posted by Borat
                              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Crickett View Post


                                I just watched this on cartoon network about 70 seconds ago, and thought I'd post it.

                                The Major ftw.
                                Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll were probably the first two anime movies I ever saw, and remain two of my favorites to this day.



                                Originally posted by Jakey
                                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

                                i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information