No announcement yet.

The grunge thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinosaur Jr, STP and Sonic Youth are great, but I didn't know people considered them "grunge".

I thought DJr and SY were noise rock and STP was....hard rock? I guess it's subjective but Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, AiC are on a different planet of grunge imo.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Dinosaur Jr. are sick...Also, I gotta mention one of my all time faves, The Smashing Pumpkins. Billy Corgan is the man.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Pearl Jam is overrated in my opinion.

Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots and Soundgarden are the best grunge bands of all time, in my opinion.
        Just play me, baby

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
          nirvana's pretty good

(but mostly because dave grohl was in it :P )
          You can not be serious. You sir are a horrible person with no taste of music or anything refined. I am sure a self proclaimed intellectual type such as yourself enjoys Taco Bell meat tacos and has the whole season of Two and a Half Men stored on your Tivo. You sir are a hack.

Comment

i'm not old enough for this thread. 1992-95 I was busy watching power rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Hitchens View Post
              You can not be serious. You sir are a horrible person with no taste of music or anything refined. I am sure a self proclaimed intellectual type such as yourself enjoys Taco Bell meat tacos and has the whole season of Two and a Half Men stored on your Tivo. You sir are a hack.
              ok .

bonekrusher on the sig magic
              <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
              <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Alice in Chains & Stone Temple Pilots own the grunge scene for me.

I think Jerry Cantrell is one of the most underrated musicians of the last two decades. He played lead guitar, he sung important harmonic vocals (what AIC was basically famous for), and he wrote & composed the majority of AIC songs. Cantrell is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information