Official Anime thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
    A live action Evangelion has been in the works for awhile.
    Never going to happen in the US. You just can't take that plot and turn it into a movie american audiences will go out and watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
      Never going to happen in the US. You just can't take that plot and turn it into a movie american audiences will go out and watch.
      That's what thet're doing for Akira. :(

It's gonna be in new york and not japan.

Comment

My Spring List:
        Pandora Hearts
        FMA
        07-Ghost(May drop if it sucks)
        K-ON
        Shangri-La
        Asura Cryin’
        Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~

I haven't had my comp for 4 days, so I'll start torrenting the pilots tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
          That's what thet're doing for Akira. :(

It's gonna be in new york and not japan.
          Ewwww, anyone decent at least attached to the project? I know it'll suck but I'm pretty sure I'll end up watching it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
            America is not the bad guy, its the damn Britians and them trying to rule the world. Also you missed out if you have up.
            Definitely have to agree with this. Just watched that series myself it gets ridiculous from there. Loved the finale to season two although it was a little obvious, why else would he start just accepting blame for everything that's gone bad before then, definitely looking forward to season three.

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
              My Spring List:
              Pandora Hearts
              FMA
              07-Ghost(May drop if it sucks)
              K-ON
              Shangri-La
              Asura Cryin’
              Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~

I haven't had my comp for 4 days, so I'll start torrenting the pilots tonight.
              Watched most of these:

Pandora Hearts - Got bored after 5 minutes, I'll finish it later.
              FMA - Amazing, animation is top quality and its faithful to the manga.
              07-Ghost(May drop if it sucks) - Top gun in space. Bleh animation, there was a badass chase scene at the end though.
              K-ON - Moe guitars. In terms of Kyoto animation its between Lucky Star and Haruhi in quality. Definitely an acquired taste.
              Shangri-La - Liscensed.
              Asura Cryin’ - Amazing. Great animation contains Ghosts, Lesbians, Mafia, Gun battles, lesbians, and mecha. Oh and supernatural powers that create fire bombs.
              Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~: Average and predictable. Bleh animation, seems like something from the mid 90s.

Comment

I was looking for a spring anime to watch....Asura Cryin' I guess i'll try that.

Comment

Definitely have to agree with this. Just watched that series myself it gets ridiculous from there. Loved the finale to season two although it was a little obvious, why else would he start just accepting blame for everything that's gone bad before then, definitely looking forward to season three.
                  I hate to tell you but there is no more. Its only Code Geass and Code Geass: R2

Comment

Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                    I didn't mind the open ended finish, but it really does leave you wanting more.
                    Yeah I just finished it seriously it leaves you thinking that there is going to be another season. Also kind of odd that there was only 12 episodes. But I guess the OVA counted.

At the start it was mad weird, but once you watch the second episode you get into it.

Comment

I hate to tell you but there is no more. Its only Code Geass and Code Geass: R2
                      I read the writers wanted to do a third one and

So IMO there's room in the plot for a third season and if the guys behind are interested in doing it I could certainly see them going for it, maybe another 8 or ten years down the line to show the world Zero created?

Comment

I read the writers wanted to do a third one and

So IMO there's room in the plot for a third season and if the guys behind are interested in doing it I could certainly see them going for it, maybe another 8 or ten years down the line to show the world Zero created?
                        yeah, i guess but I felt it was all wrapped up at the end with no open ending. If they do another season, it should be like 2 or 3 OVA. I feel they could end up ruining it, or just making it drag on like DBZ

Comment

I was looking for a spring anime to watch....Asura Cryin' I guess i'll try that.
                          The story looks to be a little convoluted but the action has been good enough I don't mind.

Comment

anything you guys recommend, here is some I have watched.

Bleach
                            Naruto Shippuden
                            Elfin Lied
                            Blade of the Immortal
                            Code Geass both seasons
                            Samaria Champloo
                            Rurouni Kenshin
                            FullMetal Alchemist
                            one im not to proud of Toradora
                            Cowboy Bebop
                            Death Note

Comment

anything you guys recommend, here is some I have watched.

Bleach
                              Naruto Shippuden
                              Elfin Lied
                              Blade of the Immortal
                              Code Geass both seasons
                              Samaria Champloo
                              Rurouni Kenshin
                              FullMetal Alchemist
                              one im not to proud of Toradora
                              Cowboy Bebop
                              Death Note
                              Since you have seen Kenshin I would definitely recommend the next thing you watch to be Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen aka Samurai X. It is the prequel to Kenshin, released after Kenshin finished. It is only a 4 episode OVA but it is very, very (very) good.

If youre looking for more of a medieval swordplay type anime, try Claymore. Claymore is awesome. Though it really leaves you badly wanting a 2nd season, more so than most animes.

If youre looking for a mecha style anime try Rah'Xephon. has a lot of similarities to Evangelion, but I think it has a stronger overall storyline and is a more enjoyable series to watch.

Comment

Here's the Anime Plot maker.

http://jesterball.com/Animations/ani...generator.html

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information