No announcement yet.

Who needs a good education?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, while it's accepted that the Big XI is the best "big conference" in terms of academics, it's not like the other conferences are not worth getting an education from. Sure, comparatively they suck, but they are still good schools and provide a good education.

That's not even mentioning that where the Big XI really separates themselves is in post graduate academia.

Comment

that list sucks

maybe they're taking downtown miami into account?

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        Yes, while it's accepted that the Big XI is the best "big conference" in terms of academics, it's not like the other conferences are not worth getting an education from. Sure, comparatively they suck, but they are still good schools and provide a good education.

That's not even mentioning that where the Big XI really separates themselves is in post graduate academia.
        If you go by the silly US News rankings, the ACC is tops.
        Temple University Owls

Comment

i'd crack up if i saw a 14 year old kid at a party nowadays.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
            If you go by the silly US News rankings, the ACC is tops.
            Really? Because all ACC schools are in the top 30, just like the Big XI? Did you look at the rankings...I count 7 ACC and all 10 Big XI.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
              Really? Because all ACC schools are in the top 30, just like the Big XI? Did you look at the rankings...I count 7 ACC and all 10 Big XI.
              Duke, Wake Forest, and Boston College are all private though

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                Yeah, I never said anything about public only.
                Temple University Owls

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  Ok, well 10/11 is still greater than 7/9. Throw in Northwestern being better than 2/3 of those, and I'm pretty sure the Big XI is considered tops academically, especially given the post graduate programs.

Comment

Penn State got shafted. I guess the weather being like 10 degrees for 3 months a year hurts us.
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

That party the dude described for UT, that is probably one of the larger frat's parties. I have been to one of those, it's douchebag central.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I thought Loyola at NO was a very good party school

Comment

I'm waiting for the elitist dbag to come back...
                          Temple University Owls

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            That party the dude described for UT, that is probably one of the larger frat's parties. I have been to one of those, it's douchebag central.
                            As most fraternities are. It's never good sign of your social acumen when you've got to pay stupid amounts of money to make friends and meet girls.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                              As most fraternities are. It's never good sign of your social acumen when you've got to pay stupid amounts of money to make friends and meet girls.
                              Yes, I am not a fan of schools that have their social scenes centered around the greek system. Which is why I love Iowa, and have heard that Madison is a perfect balance between greek and non-greek influence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                                Hey goofball, when you say ALL SEC schools are jokes except Vandy, would that not include Florida and Georgia?

Hey,

I don't think having the highest ranked public at #15 is very good, sorry. And if you want to include all schools we can go head to head. The SEC is laughed at by everyone outside of the south as being schools that care more about football and care very little about academics.

Northwestern>Vanderbilt
                                Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Penn State>Florida
                                Ohio State>Georgia
                                Minnesota, Purdue, Iowa, Michigan State, Indiana>Alabama

So based purely on the non-biased rankings, every single Big Ten school is ranked ahead of the top 4 in the SEC. I'd say thats a landslide. But again, I've provided rankings, you've done nothing but call names and claiming I need to "research."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information