No announcement yet.

MORE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, and as I sit here watching it again, another question strikes me.

"Can we be fooled into thinking we are happy? That is, can the proverbial wool be pulled over our eyes?"

-Ignorance is bliss-
    Bliss product is a device placed over the eyes

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I saw it as a representation of people losing their way, as well as mankind's attempts to manufacture and also buy happiness and then bliss.

The main character creates the bliss because he has the desire (in his stomach)to to have that happiness he did as a child, and he shares it with the rest of the world. Sure he makes a bunch of money, but he doesn't have the desire anymore.

I really like this video, so much is "said" in five minutes with basically no words.

Comment

I knew I recognized this from somewhere..

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
          Oh, and as I sit here watching it again, another question strikes me.

"Can we be fooled into thinking we are happy? That is, can the proverbial wool be pulled over our eyes?"

-Ignorance is bliss-
          Bliss product is a device placed over the eyes
          I suggest this video:

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Before starting that video, I definitely thought it was about E.T.

Comment

Interesting video. The graphic at 14:01 was EPIC.

Comment

Interesting video. The graphic at 14:01 was EPIC.
                I spend about 2-3 Hours every Sunday watching TED talks. Many interesting lectures.

Comment

I feel like the video represents the part of your imagination that dies when other people share in your imaginations. When the main character creates the happy goggles, his goal turned from visionary to greed driven.

Comment

I can see in his argument were, yes, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." in regards to the Monet prints, but I think he provides a fallacy of logic in confusing "happiness" with "being content". Don't get me wrong, still a great video though.

EDIT: As soon as I finished typing that, I asked myself - "Is there a difference between the two?" Hmm?

Comment

I can see in his argument were, yes, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." in regards to the Monet prints, but I think he provides a fallacy of logic in confusing "happiness" with "being content". Don't get me wrong, still a great video though.

EDIT: As soon as I finished typing that, I asked myself - "Is there a difference between the two?" Hmm?
                      The biggest critique I have is that he does not talk about having to settle for something less. In his examples, all of them were forced to the place to make themselves unhappy, yet in his experiment he let them choose.

Comment

Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                        The biggest critique I have is that he does not talk about having to settle for something less. In his examples, all of them were forced to the place to make themselves unhappy, yet in his experiment he let them choose.
                        Agreed. Content with one situation does not mean you would not prefer or obviously be happier with another.

Comment

this one i saw at school. The way I see it, it is about a woman who is changing her apperance based on what she sees in society, and thinks that's the way you should look. In the end, it kills her.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                          Originally posted by fenikz
                          we all hate you

Comment

That original video caused me to reflect on my own life and question myself. And for that to occur in a football forum is something truly odd.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bosanac01 View Post

this one i saw at school. The way I see it, it is about a woman who is changing her apperance based on what she sees in society, and thinks that's the way you should look. In the end, it kills her.
                              That one was good as well, and where the images on the TV screen surely reflects a "society's image" aspect, I also feel it is asking "What is the value between ones needs and ones wants?" Of course you could take that question alone and run with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information