No announcement yet.

HS Basketball Stars who didn't pan out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles Hathaway went to my high school. They still have his jersey retired and hanging in the gym.

We also have a 7'2 former center now at UTC who averages a whopping 1pt, .8 rbs per game as a RS Sophmore.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

WTF...Jeff Boschee was the **** at Kansas...Honestly, he had the best 3 point stroke I have ever seen. He signed my shoe when I was at a Kansas basketball camp. He was a pretty good college player.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

What about Dajuan Wagner? Guy was a beast in high school. He holds the New Jersey state scoring record, scored 100 points in a game, and averaged 42.5 points per game as a senior. He was drafted 6th overall by Cleveland after 1 year in college and never found success in the NBA. He's now playing in Poland.

Comment

I wouldn't say that Andre McGee didn't pan out. He was the starting guard, and the best defender on a great defensive team in Louisville. Arguably the best defender in basketball last year for the number one overall seed in the tournament. He will not get drafted probably, but i wouldn't say he didn't pan out!

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
            What about Dajuan Wagner? Guy was a beast in high school. He holds the New Jersey state scoring record, scored 100 points in a game, and averaged 42.5 points per game as a senior. He was drafted 6th overall by Cleveland after 1 year in college and never found success in the NBA. He's now playing in Poland.
            Yeah but he was a monster his only year at Memphis averaging 20+, he also averaged over 13 ppg his rookie season. Unfortunately for him his sickness happened and he had to have his entire colon taken out. He really hasn't been the same basketball player since. He could have had a Ben Gordon type career. BTW Mike Jones from Maryland is a definite huge bust. He was supposed to be the next Ray Allen. Also you can add to that list Vernon Macklin of Georgetown. BTW he won't do anything at Florida either. You can't use your athleticism and length as a way to hide you have no basketball skills on the college level.
            Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 04-20-2009, 12:33 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
              Ugh. When I was younger, all they would talk about on CSN was Wagner.
              Temple University Owls

Comment

Why is Taliek Brown on this list. He was a solid PG for UConn....the heart and soul of our NC team.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
                  Ugh. When I was younger, all they would talk about on CSN was Wagner.
                  Always happens to local products.
                  There was this one guy, Lebron James. Ever heard of him? Meh.
                  Martell Webster.
                  Kwame Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                    Mike Mercer for Georgia was actually pretty good but screwed up off the court, got kicked off the team and I haven't heard about him since.
                    He messed his knee up really bad. I was acutally watching that game, and i believe it was his last. He was a 6'4 shooting guard who would have faired very well in the NBA draft, but the knee injury is what really ****** him up. Then he had some off field issues, just like a lot of student-athletes at ******* UGA do.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                    02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                    02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                    Originally posted by fenikz
                    we all hate you

Comment

How did Andre Barrett and Jason Gardner not pan out?

Comment

Yeah both were very good college ball players.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information