The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5

Mac Dre- Legend from the area I live in. Truely believe if he didnt get killed he would have become one of the more well known rappers around.

2 Pac- Keeping it west coast again with 2 Pac. I dont see how you cant have him in the top 5

The Game- Seems like either people love him or hate him. His stuff has fallen off a little bit but his first 3 albums are great and hopefully the R.E.D. album doesnt flop

Eminem- His voice on the mic gives me the chills sometimes with the passion he gives into some of his stuff. Love both his funny and sirues stuff serious stuff

Biggie- Sucks he got killed before he could put out as much stuff as the guys listed above but in his limited stuff all I see is greatness.

Would have put Lil Wayne in there maybe but he has too much *** **** its starting to balance out with the good

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
      Top 5

Mac Dre- Legend from the area I live in. Truely believe if he didnt get killed he would have become one of the more well known rappers around.

2 Pac- Keeping it west coast again with 2 Pac. I dont see how you cant have him in the top 5

The Game- Seems like either people love him or hate him. His stuff has fallen off a little bit but his first 3 albums are great and hopefully the R.E.D. album doesnt flop

Eminem- His voice on the mic gives me the chills sometimes with the passion he gives into some of his stuff. Love both his funny and sirues stuff serious stuff

Biggie- Sucks he got killed before he could put out as much stuff as the guys listed above but in his limited stuff all I see is greatness.

Would have put Lil Wayne in there maybe but he has too much *** **** its starting to balance out with the good
      That's what pisses me off about Weezy. For every good song he puts out, he puts out another three that are garbage.

Totally agree about Mac Dre though. He'd be on the Mt. Rushmore of rap if it wasn't for his death. He literally was hyphy. He created the entire culture of Bay Area rap, and it would have gotten a lot bigger than it did if he would have been the headliner instead of E-40.

Comment

• Yup. Agreed with Dre. He had his own swag and it drew people to him. If I could quote the Jacka to sum it all up:

"Damn it ain't the same without Dre but we keep it lit".

No one will ever replace Mac Dre and it'll never be the same but we gotta keep it lit and do it moving. Hopefully Husalah will enjoy some of the same success that Dre had when he got outta Jail.

Mac Dre was as real as they come though. Going to Jail for NOT TELLIN. hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
          Yup. Agreed with Dre. He had his own swag and it drew people to him. If I could quote the Jacka to sum it all up:

"Damn it ain't the same without Dre but we keep it lit".

No one will ever replace Mac Dre and it'll never be the same but we gotta keep it lit and do it moving. Hopefully Husalah will enjoy some of the same success that Dre had when he got outta Jail.

Mac Dre was as real as they come though. Going to Jail for NOT TELLIN. hahaha
          Thats what was great about Dre he was real. Alot of the rappers now come from hoods but I doubt they have done most the stuff they are rapping about while Mac Dre has and even spent hard time in jail for not snitching on his crew. **** he even came out with a few albums from jail from rapping over the phone that are sick lol.

Mac Dre was all about having a good time which made him so popular with all races. I havent seen any other local and big time rapper that has been supported by whites, blacks, hispanics ect like he has.

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
          @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
            So lets hear everyone's top 5 favorite rappers. I am currently addicted to downloading music, let's throw out your favorite ****.
            1.Jay Electronica
            1A.DOOM
            3.Pharoahe Monch

4.Mos Def

5.Kanye

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
            like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Jay Electronica discog

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PVUSEF9B

Includes lyrics.

like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                Jay Electronica discog

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PVUSEF9B

Includes lyrics.
                Wow, awesome. Thanks.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• All props are to Gatman and DGNeo of Joebuddentv.com

http://www.joebuddentv.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=50176

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                    Thats what was great about Dre he was real. Alot of the rappers now come from hoods but I doubt they have done most the stuff they are rapping about while Mac Dre has and even spent hard time in jail for not snitching on his crew. **** he even came out with a few albums from jail from rapping over the phone that are sick lol.

Mac Dre was all about having a good time which made him so popular with all races. I havent seen any other local and big time rapper that has been supported by whites, blacks, hispanics ect like he has.

one of the jailhouse classics

Comment

• Imagine rap with Biggie, Pac, and Mac still alive. There'd be no Bow Wow, Soulja Boy, etc. Hell, I wished Snoop didn't sell out either.

Comment

• too much talking not enough Rap

Comment

• Eminem
                          Tupac
                          AZ
                          Big Punisher
                          Lloyd Banks (mixtapes- the Money In The Bank series was fire)
                          -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• In no specific order

Eminem
                            Lil Wayne
                            Drake
                            Lupe
                            Wale

Comment

• Lil Wayne shouldn't be close to a top 5 rapper.

Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                              Just let it go RWO.
                              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• Nobody's saying that Weezy is a top 5 rappers. Just that he's in our top 5 favorites.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information