The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya I just got done downloading it.

Sounds alright. Has a bunch of slow songs on it that Im not feeling. Up all night is good, Thank me now and Miss me are probably my fav so far. I still like Over more than the rest

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Lil Wayne goes so hard in Miss Me. "i aint lying i shoot, you dont need signs for proof, turn you into a vegetable like you lying in soup, and when im in the booth, ***** the lion is loose, man i got so many styles that i am a group"

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Downloading now. Gonna give it a run through while I workout, wont actually listen enough to get a good opinion tho.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
          Downloading now. Gonna give it a run through while I workout, wont actually listen enough to get a good opinion tho.
          It doesnt seem like a workout type of music but thats just my opinion

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
            It doesnt seem like a workout type of music but thats just my opinion
            It wasn't haha.

Early thoughts:

- He did slow it down too much. I like the occasional slow Drake as a nice change of pace. Did that well on his tapes.....I think he overdid it here tho. Didn't ruin the album, but limited it.

- When he rapped, it was pretty good. Not up to par of Comeback Season Drake, but very solid. Much better then most of the crap out there that sells.

- He got beat up by Jay. I guess it was just experience shining through, but I think Jigga delivered the clearly better verse. Not a big deal really, but whenever 2 huge guys do a song together, its only natural. it happened with Renegade, it will happen here (even tho Renegade>>>>>anything on this album)

- I wish Drake could switch up his delivery a bit to fit mood. He does sound similar on everything. Now, I havent "listened" to the album yet, but from a quick run through he doesnt fit the mood well like, well, Jay Electronica does.

- Final Thoughts: Good album, well composed and flows well. Good stuff from a good artist. Nothing classic, nothing special or even great. But, what is great is the fact that a mainstream guy, and possibly the biggest star in rap, is actually a good rapper. I just wish he did it more on the album :)

Comment

• i don't think drake is a good rapper at all, but he's really catchy and can for the most part hide his weaknesses with beats that fit his flow. it seems to me he kind of emphatically talks when he's rapping rather than actually rapping. usually slow beats that go pretty hard seem to fit him (i.e. forever, over)

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                i don't think drake is a good rapper at all, but he's really catchy and can for the most part hide his weaknesses with beats that fit his flow. it seems to me he kind of emphatically talks when he's rapping rather than actually rapping. usually slow beats that go pretty hard seem to fit him (i.e. forever, over)
                Drake is def. a good rapper imo. He isn't the deep, intellectual, blow your mind type rapper, but he is still a good one in my book. If you can listen to Comeback Season and tell me he doesn't have chops as a rapper, I will tell you to get your ears checked haha.

Comment

• Room For Improvement>>>>Comeback Season

He was pretty amateurish, but the whole tape was just technical rapping exercises.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                  like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                    Room For Improvement>>>>Comeback Season

He was pretty amateurish, but the whole tape was just technical rapping exercises.
                    I enjoy listening to Comeback Season more, both are great tapes tho.

Comment

• I like hearing the early stages of a young rapper's career. That's when you know he's just rapping with few outside influences.

Speaking of which,

Old old J.Cole when he was audio battling on Canibus central forums.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/66083890c654c2ce/

like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                        I enjoy listening to Comeback Season more, both are great tapes tho.
                        i hated both of them, i just don't think drake is a good rapper at all.

Comment

i agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                            i agree completely.

You guys hate J.Cole,Wiz Khalifa, and Kid Cudi too right?

Comment

• I think Drake has talent, but I just can't take him seriously. I just picture him acting like the ****** he was on Degrassi.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                                You guys hate J.Cole,Wiz Khalifa, and Kid Cudi too right?
                                I was about to say something similar, just to make sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information