The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
    Dude, that's a pretty elite flow. The slurring on some tracks makes them even doper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y6iXQkQCBA
    that's a pretty dope freestyle, but i would never have guessed it was drake. maybe when he's going off the top of his head he flows way better, that just sounds nothing like his usual rap style which to me is kinda boring, slow, and mediocre.

Comment

• if you love He Got Game as much as I do then you love this song no matter what

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
        that's a pretty dope freestyle, but i would never have guessed it was drake. maybe when he's going off the top of his head he flows way better, that just sounds nothing like his usual rap style which to me is kinda boring, slow, and mediocre.
        There are no real "freestyles". Modern "freestyles" are just written verses over a popular beat. Drake was just rapping then. His buzz before that was nonexistent. I and like 3 people I know were the only ones bigging him up. This drops in 07, and he turns into an up and coming star. Easily one of the best tapes this decade. Drake was hungry then.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
        like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Comment

I doubt you'd hear Lil Wayne if Drake wasn't signed to YM. I guarantee if Cole was signed to YM, he'd be likened to Wayne too.

I tried listening to Drake before he was with YM. CCB tried putting me on with him multiple times. I just can't sit through a whole mixtape of his.
            J.Cole sings his own hooks too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqgmB9ZKaz0
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS2lhTyWzVA

How can you not like Drake's voice, but like J.Cole. They sound really similar. Drake uses a Memphis style slur delivery that makes his voice sound dope.

I don't think Drake and J Cole sound anything alike. Although it might be that everytime I hear Drake he is singing.

Drake>>>J.Cole easily. Cole is a worse rapper and doesn't make as good music.
            That is your opinion. I like J Cole better and think his music is better.

Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
            Like I said, your bias against YM is clouding your judgment.
            Like I said I tried listening to him before he was with YM. Drake has been out for awhile. I'm not someone who finds out about people after they get signed. I try to hear people before they suck.

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
            J Cole and Drake are very similar, what separates them is Cole will probably never be more than a mixtape rapper whereas Drake will be (is?) the next great rap superstar.
            Great in the sense of he is popular but I can't even think of a song that I like by him. I know I have liked a couple in the past but nothing that stuck with me.
            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
            Just let it go RWO.
            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• i just feel the same as rwo. drake doesn't do much for me. he's really not a bad artist, but i just don't think he's a great rapper, or even a good one. he's solid, but makes up for it with catchy hooks and sometimes dope beats. i like a few of his songs, i don't actually dislike him, but i think he gets way way way too much love for being only a decent rapper.

Comment

• Yup. I agree with rwo and sbh, I like J Cole a lot more than Drake...

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• I don't think there is anything wrong with liking Drake and I'm not saying he sucks. I just don't get down with his music. You can say him and J Cole are similar but doesn't mean I can't like one and not like the other.
                  Originally posted by SunTzu_22
                  Just let it go RWO.
                  We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• Before I heard Cole I had heard he was like Drake, but honestly I see the comparison less every time I listen to them. Drake has a ton of flare and catchiness but a lot is because of his punchlines, singing and R&B influences but their content isn't the same at all.

I like J Cole's rapping better than any new(ish) comer.

Comment

• J.Cole talks about women and sex as much if not more than Drake. He says ***** way too much.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
                      like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

You guys hate J.Cole,Wiz Khalifa, and Kid Cudi too right?
                        not a fan of cudi. cole is aight sometimes, kinda hit or miss for me. same goes for wiz. some stuff i like and some of i skip over.

Comment

• I literally like maybe 3 Drake songs (November 18th, Uptown, Killer). I like it better when he just sings hooks (Money To Blow, 4 My Town). J. Cole's Warm Up was in heavy rotation last summer, and right now he's got three songs that still get spins (Grown Simba, Dreams, Losing My Balance).

I don't really have anything to say for my sig.

Comment

• It's different but I like it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ryno626 View Post
                                EDIT: wow, i thought this was his new mixtape. but i love chip, just became a fan recently.
                                Last edited by sbh15; 06-03-2010, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information