No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's face it new hip hop is well, just awful in my opinion.

All about old school.

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post

Rapping to an orchestral beat is so ******* bad ass.
      I think I posted this in here a while back. Nonetheless, an awesome track with a killer beat. Also, Kool G Rap is a top 5 rapper of all time.

Comment

• Listening to "I am not a human being". It's Meh. Maybe I got spoiled because of Kanye's weekly jams, but IMO I've heard MIXTAPES that wipe the floor with this. These beats are too basic and lil wayne is kinda off a little bit. He needs a little focus or else he's just too far scattered to make any sense.
        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• I have no idea why but for some reason Jay Electronica's tracks have become more appealing to me now that I know about his ghost writer. Maybe I think the backstory about the writer is pretty cool how he wrote these elaborate journals in rhyme and rhythm influences from hip-hop.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
            Ghostwriters are not out of the ordinary. Jay Z,Ludacris, amongst others writing for Dr.Dre. T.I. writing for Bow Wow,etc.

His GOAT status is in jeopardy as of now. Dunno though. Jay has said nothing about it, and the legal stuff is real.
            This has to be a joke right? I mean what has this guy done that he could even be close to the GOAT
            Originally posted by SunTzu_22
            Just let it go RWO.
            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
              This has to be a joke right? I mean what has this guy done that he could even be close to the GOAT
              jacked someone elses lyrics.. lol

Comment

• i was thinking if this last night:

toughest question of all time is Top 5 Rap songs ever.
                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

• Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
                  i was thinking if this last night:

You know you gotta have some Eazy E in that *****!

Comment

i was thinking if this last night:

My top 5 favorite (limit one per artist, fluid list):

Yesterday - Atmosphere
                    Lose Yourself - Eminem
                    Family Business - Kanye West
                    Soundtrack 2 My Life - Kid Cudi
                    Fighters - Lupe Fiasco

Man that was harder than I thought. These my be potentially my top 5, but holy ****, all of these are interchangeable.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• All Personal Preference

1. Nas - Halftime
                      2. Kid Cudi - Persuit Of Happiness
                      3. 2pac - Dear Mama
                      4. Wu-Tang - Triumph
                      5. Lupe Fiasco - Go Go Gadget Flow

HM: Blackstar - Re:defintion.

Comment

• Favorite, not best:

1. Zion-I ft grouch - Flow
                        2. Cage - Subtle art of the break up song
                        2. Blackstar - Thieves in the night
                        2. Murs - Mur's Day
                        2. Nas - The world is Yours

Comment

• Eazy E- neighborhood sniper

Bone Thugs- East 1999

Bone Thugs- Mo Murda

Project Pat- Redrum

Tupac- Me against the world

No particular order... there are too many songs out there to just choose five.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                            I have no idea why but for some reason Jay Electronica's tracks have become more appealing to me now that I know about his ghost writer. Maybe I think the backstory about the writer is pretty cool how he wrote these elaborate journals in rhyme and rhythm influences from hip-hop.
                            I know right? Its like he was actually a real artist. I don't see a lot of rappers as artists nowadays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Kush View Post
                              You know you gotta have some Eazy E in that *****!
                              Speaking of rappers who didn't write their own lyrics....

Comment

Listening to "I am not a human being". It's Meh. Maybe I got spoiled because of Kanye's weekly jams, but IMO I've heard MIXTAPES that wipe the floor with this. These beats are too basic and lil wayne is kinda off a little bit. He needs a little focus or else he's just too far scattered to make any sense.
                                Yeah I didnt expect much from it in the first place. Felt that they just wanted to put out a album while he was in prison, just to put out a album. There is a couple good songs, but the rest I feel were just mosty throw away tracks Wayne had did before going to prison. I expect Carter 4 to be absolutely completely insane though. Actually heard Weezy is writing down lyrics in prison for it, he ain't goona sleep for days when he comes out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information