Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comment


    • Finally got around to listening to Kanye's new album. First impression is that it's the best "major" album that I've ever heard. Might be hyperbole, I'll have to listen to it again.

      "All of the Lights" is my favorite.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        "All of the Lights" is my favorite.
        Same here...

        Comment


        • Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          Finally got around to listening to Kanye's new album. First impression is that it's the best "major" album that I've ever heard. Might be hyperbole, I'll have to listen to it again.

          "All of the Lights" is my favorite.
          I am positive it is the best major album I have ever heard. My favorite might be "Devil in a New Dress", but I love every song on this album basically. Monster is my least favorite because I ******* hate Minaj.

          Bonekrusher.

          Originally posted by JordanTaber
          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by prock View Post
            My favorite might be "Devil in a New Dress", but I love every song on this album basically.
            That song and "Gorgeous" are the two songs that are constantly in rotation when I listen to the album. Legendary beat on that track. Rick Ross' verse at the end just seals it for me.

            Comment


            • Yeah Ye's definitely back on his game after a pretty long hiatus. Gorgeous, Dark Fantasy, All of the Lights, So Appalled, and Runaway are all A+'s. The rest are just A's.

              Comment


              • I feel like I'm missing something with all the great praise of Kanye's album. It is well pieced together and fairly enjoyable to listen to, but the lyrics leave a lot to be desired.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by aLARGEtopHat View Post
                  I feel like I'm missing something with all the great praise of Kanye's album. It is well pieced together and fairly enjoyable to listen to, but the lyrics leave a lot to be desired.
                  I have to say I second this. I think it's good but I was not blown away like I was hoping.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by aLARGEtopHat View Post
                    I feel like I'm missing something with all the great praise of Kanye's album. It is well pieced together and fairly enjoyable to listen to, but the lyrics leave a lot to be desired.
                    Haven't listened to it yet, but that's what you get with Kanye. He's an amazing musician, not an amazing rapper.

                    Comment


                    • Takin it back.

                      Comment


                      • Me and Paul just got free tickets to Chiddy Bang's concert this Thursday, be jealous!


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bantx View Post
                          Me and Paul just got free tickets to Chiddy Bang's concert this Thursday, be jealous!
                          :jealousemoticon:

                          they've become my favorite musical artist. so goood.

                          Comment


                          • So chiddy brushed my shoulder as we were waiting in line outside, that totally counts as a high five. Took a ******** of pictures ill post some later tonight!


                            Comment


                            • That's pretty sweet that you and Paul got to see them live.



                              This track is so cold. Not an expression I usually use but it just fits.

                              Comment


                              • Top 5 artists you typically listen to?

                                1) Wiz
                                2) Cudi
                                3) Freddie Gibbs
                                4) Curren$y
                                5) Mac Miller/Chevy Woods

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information