The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
    It didn't blow me away either, actually I think the song was basically garbage. The title H.A.M. already put me off to it but I held out hope that that it was just an acronym for the title and they wouldn't actually say it but then they did and it was incredibly lame. They should have shot the idea down when they were brainstorming.

Kanye sure did ham it up on the beat though, man those singers were corny.
    The irony is that H.A.M stands for "Hard ass Mother*******".

Comment

• Originally posted by SwagU View Post
      The irony is that H.A.M stands for "Hard ass Mother*******".
      I'm a firm believer that ham belongs on a sandwich, not a rap song.

http://www.vibe.com/content/3-ways-k...e-lived-hype-1

"Even when the track deviates from the script, the orchestral hallmarks that added a quirky sensibility to West’s Twisted Fantasy sound contrived here. Remember, you are not a genius just because you featured an opera singer on a track that’s guaranteed to become the next $20 bill-raining strip club anthem. You are merely a show-off."

Comment

• Comment

• These two songs remind me of the best times so far in my life.
          Last edited by yourfavestoner; 01-14-2011, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• The wordplay in the second verse is unreal.

Comment

• I listen to this at least 5x a day:

Comment

• Thoughts on this kid: http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/cjameskiid/profile/

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Baby Bash is alright, but E-40's verse makes this song. One of the more popular bay area songs right now

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Purp and Patron mixtape drops today, one of the first leaks from it.

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Comment

• Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Looks like Kanye is in a mood to just keep puttin out tracks:

A few months after the release of his critically-acclaimed fifth album My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Kanye West isn’t slowing down. The Chi-town native has announced his plans for the first half of 2011, revealing via Twitter that fans won’t have to wait too long to get some new music.

First up, Yeezy plans on putting out his Hype Williams-directed music video for “All of the Lights” co-starring Rihanna. He will follow up with his joint LP with Jay-Z, Watch the Throne, in March. But the most surprising news is that the hip-hop superstar is prepping another solo project for a summer release.

“MY NEW ALBUM COMING THIS SUMMER,” tweeted an excited Kanye. “I’ll be back this SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!”

Comment

• If I was him i would ride out the success of MBDTF for a year. But that's because I'm a lazy ****. Christian Dior Denim Flow and Take One For The Team better be on it.

Comment

• I really do suggest downloading Game's Purp & Patron mixtape. 29 new songs, all are very listenable IMO. The Game still shits on most all rappers out

@SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                                If I was him i would ride out the success of MBDTF for a year. But that's because I'm a lazy ****. Christian Dior Denim Flow and Take One For The Team better be on it.
                                Even after they've been out this long?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information