Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
    I feel like no one was talking about this... wtf?

    Comment



    • Comment


      • Originally posted by prock View Post
        Lupe, hands down best rapper alive.
        I feel like this is declared for whoever is currently releasing an album way too much. However, I agree with you completely here. I'm not usually that impressed by a lot of radio rap because it typically lacks any form of substance but Lupe is able make songs that bang as well as mean something. I also appreciate that he doesn't try to gain popularity by constantly saturated the market with new music (I'm looking at you wiz khalifa).

        He is also a top notch live performer, I saw him and Ludacris in the same year and it was no contest.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
          I never really know what people mean when they say this. Do they mean best rapper currently putting out music or literally best rapper alive?
          the best rapper currently putting out music.

          Sig by BK

          “They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
            I feel like this is declared for whoever is currently releasing an album way too much. However, I agree with you completely here. I'm not usually that impressed by a lot of radio rap because it typically lacks any form of substance but Lupe is able make songs that bang as well as mean something. I also appreciate that he doesn't try to gain popularity by constantly saturated the market with new music (I'm looking at you wiz khalifa).

            He is also a top notch live performer, I saw him and Ludacris in the same year and it was no contest.
            I have always said Lupe is the best. Without a doubt in my mind. I have heard he is the best live too. He visited my college last year and I had tickets, but I missed it due to extenuating circumstances. I will never forgive myself for it.

            Bonekrusher.

            Originally posted by JordanTaber
            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
              BTW am I the only one who can't stand Wiz Khalifa, mostly Black & Yellow?
              Nah I think he's wack. Ghostface agrees:

              http://akirathedon.com/?p=19127

              Seriously died reading that btw.
              Is that a rash?



              Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

              Comment


              • You know you're doing things when haters start coming out the wood works. When I listen to Wiz, I know what exactly what I'm getting, so I'm a fan.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                  I never really know what people mean when they say this. Do they mean best rapper currently putting out music or literally best rapper alive?
                  Just a vehicle for fans to dick ride their favorite act aka the point when I stop paying attention to conversation because their is no point declaring someone to be the "hands down best" when it's based on subjectivity.

                  Also that Ghostface blog is pretty funnny, would be better if it was actually him though.

                  speaking of GFK:

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    You know you're doing things when haters start coming out the wood works. When I listen to Wiz, I know what exactly what I'm getting, so I'm a fan.
                    Paul speaks the truth.

                    Hip Hop fans are so fickle, and it's the same way with the indie rock scene, if someone starts gaining mainstream popularity those who formally supported that artist jump off the bandwagon and start whining about them being "sellouts"

                    Comment


                    • Lil Wayne being a Packers fan has to the be the most random thing I've heard in a while.

                      Although Ghostface's quote was funny, his buddy Raekwon did a song with the Bieber... That some real soft ****. Then again the rap game is just one big circle jerk.
                      Last edited by ShutDwn; 02-03-2011, 12:01 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Behind the scenes look at two of my favorite Kendrick Lamar tracks:



                        Dude is an animal

                        Comment


                        • One of my favorite instrumentals I've heard in a while off one of my favorite albums I've heard in a while.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                            Lil Wayne being a Packers fan has to the be the most random thing I've heard in a while.

                            Although Ghostface's quote was funny, his buddy Raekwon did a song with the Bieber... That some real soft ****. Then again the rap game is just one big circle jerk.
                            Yea what the hell was going on in Kanye's and Rae's head that day?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              You know you're doing things when haters start coming out the wood works. When I listen to Wiz, I know what exactly what I'm getting, so I'm a fan.
                              Exactly! But this new album better not be a bunch of mainstream soft music.

                              #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                              2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                              2015 2K Classic Champions


                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

                              Comment


                              • And in my honest opinion Lupe is the best currently doing it. At one point it was Wayne but I think he fell off. Best alive though will pretty much always be Jay-Z in my book.

                                #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                                2015 2K Classic Champions


                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information