No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying Wayne fell of is a massive understatement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
      You know you're doing things when haters start coming out the wood works. When I listen to Wiz, I know what exactly what I'm getting, so I'm a fan.
      Nothing wrong with that, just not a fan....I'm sure 90% of my iTunes would be eviscerated by most people in the world, I just really thought it was a funny thing to post moreso than an attack on Wiz. The word phrase "grow titties" is just funny as hell to me.

Also, I do agree that people are too hard on most people who came from the underground or indie scene in any genre. Sometimes you just gotta make that paper, which I'm fine with. I don't really agree with Lupe's view on the world sometimes, but he's doing what he loves and really hasn't changed too much. Dumb It Down is one of my favorite tracks of the past few years.
      Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

• I really feel that Wiz seriously is the new Wayne. You have a million people on his dick, but then at the very same time you also got a million people hating. Been hearing some of the stuff floating around from Wiz though lately and it really seems so made for radio it aint funny. If that is what his album is going to sound like then the rap critics will have a hate fest when Rolling Papers comes out. What is really annoying more than anything though is the millions of people that say Taylor Gang this and that, and seriously have never really listened to Wiz before.

On the subject of Wayne falling off I really think that he basically got so caught up in trying to be a mogul and superstar that he stopped putting in that hardwork he usually puts in the studio. Plus sentencing of a year obviously prob made him think less about music. I really think that Wayne really is goona come back strong though with the Carter 4. I feel that the time in prison really made him set his priorities straight and we are goona see a really focused Wayne now.

Comment

• I don't know if you're actually comparing Wiz and Wayne as rappers or just their place in the game right now, but Wayne at his worst is still more talented than Wiz right now. Wayne can at least be clever some times instead of trying to come up with 234235234 words that rhyme with weed.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
            I don't know if you're actually comparing Wiz and Wayne as rappers or just their place in the game right now, but Wayne at his worst is still more talented than Wiz right now. Wayne can at least be clever some times instead of trying to come up with 234235234 words that rhyme with weed.
            Dude if look back in this thread you would know Wayne is my favourite rapper. I was merely just saying in terms of situation and status. Just how Wayne and Wiz both built a lot of hype from tapes, and once Wayne started releasing suff from his album too many people started jumping on board which resulted in people thinking Weezy was to mainstream.No way in hell Wiz could even touch Weezy.

Comment

• I am still liking the music Wiz is releasing. On My Level and That Good are very listenable

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
              @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                I am still liking the music Wiz is releasing. On My Level and That Good are very listenable
                I love Wiz and don't have a prob with what he is releasing, I actually even like that new song Roll Up. Just been hearing stuff on the album and feel that people are really goona hate.

Comment

• Johnny Polygon goes hard and he's so versatile. He'll probably blow up soon.

Comment

• Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                    Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• Been listeing to the BLu n Exile Below the heavens tape today

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                        Paul speaks the truth.

Hip Hop fans are so fickle, and it's the same way with the indie rock scene, if someone starts gaining mainstream popularity those who formally supported that artist jump off the bandwagon and start whining about them being "sellouts"
                        Not saying he's a sellout. Never liked Wiz, mediocre lyrics and nothing but planes and weed(or both in one). The think that bugs me about Black & Yellow is that that's the one song of his everyone knows, like really that ****** song is the one he wants to be known for? He has quite a few songs that are better, I mean I get it's a "Steeler Anthem" and the Steelers were in the playoffs when it became popular, but it is a terrible song.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Nottz is a beast on the boards

Comment

• Originally posted by bantx View Post

Been listeing to the BLu n Exile Below the heavens tape today
                            Below the Heavens was so incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
                              Below the Heavens was so incredible.
                              agreed, too bad Blu is about as active as Jay Electronica

Comment

• Yeah I can listen to this tape over and over and not get tired of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information