Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
    Agreed, my first thought after I listened to it was "this needs more Frank Ocean" lol. Kanye's production carries the album, Hov's skills are really declining.
    Everything needs more Frank Ocean as far as I'm concerned. He's tremendous. Strange that my 2 favorite projects this year in the Hip Hop/ R&B world have been R&B tapes. Nostalgia, ultra and House of Balloons are just sick though.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

    Comment


    • Ace Hood's new album drops today. Anyone going to listen to it? I'm a fan of his.

      Comment


      • i don't get the frank ocean hype. the weeknd on the other hand is amazing.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hines View Post
          Ace Hood's new album drops today. Anyone going to listen to it? I'm a fan of his.
          Ace is sooo overrated. He sounds the same on every song (ever since he dropped Hustle Hard).

          Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
          in other news...

          ahahah Deion's verse was beyond terrible.
          Last edited by V.I.P; 08-09-2011, 02:03 AM.


          Mike Will & V-Jax

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
            What are a few of the best songs on Watch the Throne? Only want to DL a couple.
            These were my favorites:

            New Day, No Church in the Wild, Gotta Have it, Niggas in Paris, Murder to Excellence, Why I Love you, The Joy.
            Cowboys Mock:
            1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
            2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
            3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

            Comment


            • The Weeknd > Frank Ocean

              Frank Ocean is still very good though.

              House of Balloons was almost 5 months ago.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                These were my favorites:

                New Day, No Church in the Wild, Gotta Have it, Niggas in Paris, Murder to Excellence, Why I Love you, The Joy.
                Thanks dude. And I posted this in the RDT, but got no response, so if someone can help, that'd be awesome...


                Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                Anyone have a link to a good Youtube to MP3 converter? My old one is ****** up or something.

                Comment


                • No problem, and here's a Youtube to MP3 converter.

                  http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
                  Cowboys Mock:
                  1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                  2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                  3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

                  Comment


                  • can someone point me in the direction of somewhere to download watch the throne thats not a pain in the ass?
                    E]

                    Comment


                    • google a torrent.

                      On that note, I'm half way through the album and I am not much of a fan.

                      Bonekrusher.

                      Originally posted by JordanTaber
                      Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                      Comment


                      • the production is awesome and the lyrics are actually good, imo. my only thing is, content-wise, the lyrics are sort of off-putting to me as a white listener. the only theme i can really find in the album is black power... i don't want to turn this into any kind of off-limits discussion, just what i noticed.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by K Train View Post
                          can someone point me in the direction of somewhere to download watch the throne thats not a pain in the ass?
                          Download "MP# Rocket" ... Then google Watch The Throne tracklist .. then type in every song one by one , and save it to where ever you prefer on your hardrive...


                          Mike Will & V-Jax

                          Comment


                          • Zip files ftw. Torrents are lame. Sbh, Bomani Jones had that same opinion about it being off putting to some white listeners too. WTT like I said is a pretty solid effort but nowhere near album of the year in my book.

                            #4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                            2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                            2015 2K Classic Champions


                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

                            Comment


                            • Only songs I enjoyed on Watch The Throne were Niggas in Paris and Gotta Have It.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
                                the production is awesome and the lyrics are actually good, imo. my only thing is, content-wise, the lyrics are sort of off-putting to me as a white listener. the only theme i can really find in the album is black power... i don't want to turn this into any kind of off-limits discussion, just what i noticed.
                                I appreciate the production and lyrics but it's real awkward (don't know how else to put it) to listen to Made It In America and a couple others. I like the album, I guess, but not what I expected.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information