No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm incapable of double posting, so have a zeroh song.

Last edited by Resonance; 09-07-2011, 02:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Resonance View Post
      Should of known not to watch it when it was listed as a must watch. The first guy has no rhyme patter and the 2nd guy just says some stuff he had previously written down.
      Hope you like this better...

ANOTHER MUST WATCH !!! SKIP TO EXACTLY 2:00

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

• Originally posted by V.I.P View Post
        Hope you like this better...

ANOTHER MUST WATCH !!! SKIP TO EXACTLY 2:00
        Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Not risking it.

Comment

What makes a great lyricist? Thought provoking, rhyme, entertainment, creativity, originality? Examples welcome.

Sorry to give the stock answer, but it's combination of all those things. I guess I'd say the best lyricists are the ones who can manipulate the English language through patterns, structure, internal rhymes and wordplay all well being able to convey a message or story. Also the ability to do those things in order to form a flow that pairs with the beat.

I think you see rappers like Tupac or Immortal Technique with hard hitting and thought provoking lyrics and both have strong deliveries that makes their lyrics somewhat appealing. Though both are bland and vanilla in their use of things like patterns and internal rhymes and both have a tendency to rush their lines to cram words into a bar. Of course there's another side of that coin. There's tons of underground/indie rappers out there who can form well written rhymes linguistically, but fail to deliver in the originality, creativity and the entertainment department.

Comment

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Not risking it.
            Who really gives a **** if he wrote it down or not? **** still was ******* nice.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Comment

• it makes me really unhappy that i know people who actually think mac miller is a good rapper. actually i'm just generally unhappy that anyone even listens to 90% of the buttfuck rappers you can find on music blogs these days.

Comment

• Comment

• Does anyone have a dumb younger brother that listens to hip hop? How do you reply when they wet their pants and say that Drake and Little Wayne (yes i purposely wrote it like that, i hate him) are the best rappers ever?

Comment

• slap him in the ******* face

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                      Does anyone have a dumb younger brother that listens to hip hop? How do you reply when they wet their pants and say that Drake and Little Wayne (yes i purposely wrote it like that, i hate him) are the best rappers ever?
                      i have friends that say that ****. any time they bring up wayne i just refer them to rebirth

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        Does anyone have a dumb younger brother that listens to hip hop? How do you reply when they wet their pants and say that Drake and Little Wayne (yes i purposely wrote it like that, i hate him) are the best rappers ever?
                        Although I do say Drake is pleasing to my eardrums lately. I suggest you treat him the same way I treat all of you - with disdain and hatred. But seeing as how this doesn't work, it would be of more value to focus your energies on other tasks.

Comment

• Comment

• Can't stop listening to this

SPLOOSH

Comment

• last 3 played:

O.O @ Verse 2 (Heems):

Last edited by ccB; 09-19-2011, 01:59 AM.

Comment

• Vibing to Food & Liquor all day!!! 5 year anniversary. Classic!!!

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                                2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                                2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information