The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ccB View Post
    going to Philly to see Danny Brown, Schoolboy Q, and ASAP Rocky on sunday oww owww
    Wait, I live near Philly and havent heard of such event. Looking into it.

Comment

• Death Grips at the Echoplex tonight!

Comment

• Kendrick's verse is up there with this one.

Comment

• http://vimeo.com/72255354

Danny Brown- The Old Documentary Haven't watched yet but should be good.

Comment

• They are playing this down here late at night since he is a local artist. I love the beat, hate the song....It needs to be remixed by someone.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
            "I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Comment

• Kendrick included the names of the guys he did the song with.
              How is that a diss? Big Sean released a song he's dissed on? Come on now?

Kendrick was dropping names. Making hip-hop a competition like it used to be. He's telling guys to step their game up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta
                I was just saying Kendrick isn't going to change anything. Story-telling isn't where the money's at. This is just a diss track.
                Hip-hop never, EVER was about "where the money's at." That's a big part of the problem. Guys trying to make millions off pop songs instead of being strong MCs.

KDot said step your game up.

If you take it as beef then you know your game is slippin.

Comment

• Saying you're the King of NY when you're from Cali is downright disrespectful to a NY rapper. That alone is going to start beefs.

The majority are not going to take it as beef, but Drake and Wale are more successful than Kendrick, and you already know Drake has a huge ego. What drives a beef more than ego?

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta View Post
                    Saying you're the King of NY when you're from Cali is downright disrespectful to a NY rapper. That alone is going to start beefs.

The majority are not going to take it as beef, but Drake and Wale are more successful than Kendrick, and you already know Drake has a huge ego. What drives a beef more than ego?
                    2Pac did California Love when he was born and raised in Baltimore.

This is nowhere near the 1st time a hip-hop artist challenged "reign" of a coast, and it won't be the last.

Instead of crying, many of the great NY MCs should start spitting real **** instead of writing pop songs.

Drake just dissed Big Sean last week. He can consider himself a big part of "starting" this, if it actually is beef.

The art of being an MC and hip-hop in general is largely rooted in rivalry and competition. These types of verses were regularly spit. Now everyone works together making dance songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docta View Post
                      Saying you're the King of NY when you're from Cali is downright disrespectful to a NY rapper. That alone is going to start beefs.

Drake and Kendrick are cool though, both were featured on each other's album. Kendrick wasn't even a big name when drake put him on his album. Wale should just be happy that he was mentioned, there's much better names out there. I can kind of see the NY thing.

Comment

• When Phil Jackson responds to your record...

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                          When Phil Jackson responds to your record...
                          Well, it's one of the most talked about tracks in recent history and Phil Jackson is strongly mentioned in the verse. I'm sure Phil's got people lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlysac View Post
                            Kendrick included the names of the guys he did the song with.
                            How is that a diss? Big Sean released a song he's dissed on? Come on now?

Kendrick was dropping names. Making hip-hop a competition like it used to be. He's telling guys to step their game up.
                            Kendrick is saying what every other rapper in the game should be saying. Hip hop needs hunger and competition.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                              Kendrick is saying what every other rapper in the game should be saying. Hip hop needs hunger and competition.

Brilliant!!!

Comment

• best response to Kendricks verse

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information