No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo Dolo and Soundtrack 2 My Life are both growing on me. Basically there are 6 tracks (The above 2 and Day N Nite, Alive, CuDi Zone and Pursuit of Happiness) that are genuinely good tracks. The rest to me is on a fair bit lower level, a few tracks are rubbish and the remainder are just adequate.

Got to respect that it is something different though and these days 6 very good tracks on one album makes for a great album. Probably gets about a 3.5 to 4 out of 5 from me, which is about as good as I have given any album lately.

It is certainly better than the Blueprint III, that really only has 3 or 4 tracks that I liked and the rest was pretty much garbage. Got to say, Timbaland pretty much carried that album with his 3 tracks, Kanye killed Jay Z on Run this Town which is the other track I liked off it.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• I gotta disagree with that. I love Cudi but BP3 is IMO a great album solid 4-4.5/5 but I'm a huge Jay Z fan so I probably carry some bias.

Speaking of Jay Z. I just found out not only will one of my favorite MCs wale be with him but Lupe Fiasco will be with him as well. I cannot wait for this show. Is it October 27th yet?

Comment

• All hell nawz son, I love BP3...but I also love everything Hov does....especially Beyonce...

Comment

• Opps double post.
          Last edited by trkaline; 09-17-2009, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
            I gotta disagree with that. I love Cudi but BP3 is IMO a great album solid 4-4.5/5 but I'm a huge Jay Z fan so I probably carry some bias.

Speaking of Jay Z. I just found out not only will one of my favorite MCs wale be with him but Lupe Fiasco will be with him as well. I cannot wait for this show. Is it October 27th yet?
            Got a link? cause i wanted to go only thing is its downstate in champaign. those opening guests would make me change my mind.
            I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Listened to

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Triumph is all I gotta say bout that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
                  Got a link? cause i wanted to go only thing is its downstate in champaign. those opening guests would make me change my mind.
                  It's not official yet but Wale let the cat out of the bag...

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...nd-lupe-fiasco

Comment

• "Have you ever seen Heaven at night?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                      It's not official yet but Wale let the cat out of the bag...

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...nd-lupe-fiasco
                      I was just sayin to my sister I wanna see Wale do a show. I've seen Lupe 4 times already.

Looks like imma have to get some floor tickets for like 175 a piece on stub hub. I paid 150 on ticketmaster for one ticket at the Pearl theatre in Vegas at the Palms, july 4th. It was the last seat in the row off to the side. By the wall. So money wise, this upcoming show would be a much better deal. Thing is with Vegas, sooooo many hot chicks (don't get me started on that) and the atmosphere was great. But hey a large university ain't bad.

Bosanac01

Comment

• Originally posted by trkaline View Post
                        Triumph is all I gotta say bout that...
                        One of the best opening verses of all time. Deck killed it on that one.

Comment

• http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...hop-awards-09-

is it just me or are all these nominees the same? they need to re work this show.

Bosanac01

Comment

• anyone else thinks he sounds a little like lupe. voice wise.

Comment

• Gotta agree with CCB and trk BP3 is better than MOTM imo

Comment

• Y'all will like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information