No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Game song is absolutely terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorlax1 View Post
      That Game song is absolutely terrible.

I love me some Blu, my favorite track on that album is Simply Amazin', great tune.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snorlax1 View Post
        That Game song is absolutely terrible.
        I wouldn't say 'terrible'. Lyrically it's aight, but the background beat is what probably dragged down the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post

Y'all will like this.
          IDK. I think its pretty cool.

Comment

• I'm all about Ya Boy lately. This is such a good mixtape.

Comment

• I wonder what rap would be like if Biggie and Pac were still alive.

Comment

• Hines, you got me hooked on Wiz Khalifa. I'm lovin' this track and beat in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                  I gotta disagree with that. I love Cudi but BP3 is IMO a great album solid 4-4.5/5 but I'm a huge Jay Z fan so I probably carry some bias.

Speaking of Jay Z. I just found out not only will one of my favorite MCs wale be with him but Lupe Fiasco will be with him as well. I cannot wait for this show. Is it October 27th yet?
                  It's actually gonna be Wale, N.E.R.D. and J Cole.
                  I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
                    Solo Dolo and Soundtrack 2 My Life are both growing on me. Basically there are 6 tracks (The above 2 and Day N Nite, Alive, CuDi Zone and Pursuit of Happiness) that are genuinely good tracks. The rest to me is on a fair bit lower level, a few tracks are rubbish and the remainder are just adequate.

Got to respect that it is something different though and these days 6 very good tracks on one album makes for a great album. Probably gets about a 3.5 to 4 out of 5 from me, which is about as good as I have given any album lately.

It is certainly better than the Blueprint III, that really only has 3 or 4 tracks that I liked and the rest was pretty much garbage. Got to say, Timbaland pretty much carried that album with his 3 tracks, Kanye killed Jay Z on Run this Town which is the other track I liked off it.
                    gotta disagree about Kanye being the best about Run This Town.Kanye was good no doubt but Jay's lyrics were great and Rhianna also killed it on that track

Comment

• Originally posted by 619 View Post
                      Hines, you got me hooked on Wiz Khalifa. I'm lovin' this track and beat in particular.

That song is so sick. I cannot wait untill his new mixtape drops.

If you want another Pittsburgh rapper, check out Boaz. He doesn't talk about weed too much, but he talks about hustling and how to pretty much survive in the streets. Check out his album. Good stuff.

Comment

• I hope you guys realize that beats like 10 years old from Camp Lo, on one of the better CDs ever imo. Side note: Got to see Camp Lo at SXSW with U-N-I earlier this year.

Not really a fat lip and Mikey of the Cool Kids once told me "he has fallen off and doesnt play any good music anymore", but I enjoy this song.

Comment

• Hip Hop has declined over the past few years so much too me. But my favorite now is probably Sean Price.

Any1 else like Zion I's older stuff?
                          Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

Sig by, Hitman D

Comment

• Cant go wrong with 2pac. Kills it in this song. Funny thing is I forgot about this song until madden 10 came out lol

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                            @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Ironic you post 2pac, and I haven't bothered reading past pages, but has anyone else listened to the latest re-interpretation of his songs?

Think it is called Picture My Pain off the top of my head. Actually a very solid album imo, obviously it is lyrically on the money but it is not over filled with guests and the production is very solid. Give it a go is the recommendation.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• I don't like MIMS but this is a pretty sick track.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information