No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Blaze was playing Jay-Z songs the entire time, that's ********. Alchemist actually brought some versatile ****, which only had the instrumentals.

Alchemist's first beat was nasty.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• I love The Cool Kids all there songs have such sick bass, very fun to play in the car.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Jay is the still best out there.

Comment

• Eminem disagrees. ;)

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• In all seriousness though I like Jay-Z. He's a legend in the game and I respect his work. Not one of my personal favorites but he's got some classic **** that no one can dispute.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              In all seriousness though I like Jay-Z. He's a legend in the game and I respect his work. Not one of my personal favorites but he's got some classic **** that no one can dispute.
              Went to his concert at U of I this weekend he can put on a ****** show. Crowd went absolutely wild for him. Great at interacting with the crowd. Best part was he called out for not standing up and getting wild. One guy he called out was in a wheel chair took him a while to realize it.
              Sam Bradford will be a bust- 2/24/2010

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
                Went to his concert at U of I this weekend he can put on a ****** show. Crowd went absolutely wild for him. Great at interacting with the crowd. Best part was he called out for not standing up and getting wild. One guy he called out was in a wheel chair took him a while to realize it.
                And then when he saw the wheelchair, he kissed his hand, walked down to the wheelchair man and put his hand on the man's knee. Then he said, "Stand up!" And the guy stood. And then he said "aw yeah, they call me J-Hova for a reason!"

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Smoke Some Weed by Ice Cube.... good when your sober, when your blazing its a classic

As to Jay-Z being the best ever, I like him, but some of his **** is weak. I like alot of his new album though. Maybe its because Im a west coat guy who likes The Game, Snoop Dog, Ice Cube and Bay Area music, but for some reason I cant take Jay-Z serious sometimes

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                  @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• What happened to all the good east coast rappers? Back in the day there was Biggie, Jay, Rakim, Nas, Big L, Big Daddy Kane, Big Pun, KRS-One, etc. The list goes on. Jay is the only guy still putting out quality stuff. 50 is garbage rapper who's career a product of some sick Dre beats. Papoose is alright but its surprising how few notable rappers from New York who are still putting out new stuff worth listening to.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                      What happened to all the good east coast rappers? Back in the day there was Biggie, Jay, Rakim, Nas, Big L, Big Daddy Kane, Big Pun, KRS-One, etc. The list goes on. Jay is the only guy still putting out quality stuff. 50 is garbage rapper who's career a product of some sick Dre beats. Papoose is alright but its surprising how few notable rappers from New York who are still putting out new stuff worth listening to.
                      There are alot of Good Ny Rappers out some who are more noticeable then others like The L.O.X. are still around all of them making good music together and separately. Busta Rhymes, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, AZ, Cormega, Cory Gunz, Juelz Santana, Lloyd Banks, Fabolous, Joell Ortiz, Skyzoo, Maino, Sha Stimuli, Ghostface, Raekwon, Method Man, Cainbus and Keith Murray, Red Cafe, Sean Price, Saigon, Uncle Murda, N.O.R.E., Krs-One and Buckshot, Charles Hamilton

and that is all of the top of my head of good NY rappers who are out there making new music I no there is more just in the middle of 2k10
                      Last edited by LTgiants; 11-17-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• March 18th 2010 i will be planted in row 22 on the floor of the United Center to see Jay-Z once again along with Young Jeezy. I was contemplating heading down to U of Illinois but always thought he'd make some new dates for big cities. And I was right.
                        I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                          There are alot of Good Ny Rappers out some who are more noticeable then others like The L.O.X. are still around all of them making good music together and separately. Busta Rhymes, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, AZ, Cormega, Cory Gunz, Juelz Santana, Lloyd Banks, Fabolous, Joell Ortiz, Skyzoo, Maino, Sha Stimuli, Ghostface, Raekwon, Method Man, Cainbus and Keith Murray, Red Cafe, Sean Price, Saigon, Uncle Murda, N.O.R.E., Krs-One and Buckshot, Charles Hamilton

and that is all of the top of my head of good NY rappers who are out there making new music I no there is more just in the middle of 2k10
                          I'm glad you responded. I really wanted to hear from a NY guy on the topic. There are several guys on that list I totally forgot about and other guys I definitely have to check out. All I was saying is that NY used to produce the hip-hop elite; the best of the best. Although that's a solid list, there' no one elite on that list though I guess there aren't a lot of elite rappers out right now.

A great track by two of New York's finest, Big L and Nas.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                            I'm glad you responded. I really wanted to hear from a NY guy on the topic. There are several guys on that list I totally forgot about and other guys I definitely have to check out. All I was saying is that NY used to produce the hip-hop elite; the best of the best. Although that's a solid list, there' no one elite on that list though I guess there aren't a lot of elite rappers out right now.

A great track by two of New York's finest, Big L and Nas.

I understand what you meant its just that New York hip hop isn't as dead as it appears to be even with out the heavy hitters we used to have out there we still have all those guy i mentioned plus a lot of others that i left off that i forgot about when i was thinking about it the first time.

Comment

• This song is off Wiz's new album dropping Tuesday.

Comment

• Dredio- Mac Dre ft E-40, Mac Mall

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information