Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think Pac really shines in his more mellowed out thoughtful songs. I'm not really a fan of Doom, I can't pass judgement because I haven't listen to nearly enough of him to do so. But from what I have listened to, IMO, he's overrated.


    Comment


    • Originally posted by bored of education View Post
      yeah i know but the hiatus and lack of discography and what not. DOOM didnt become really dope til he came back from his hiatus
      before it he was decent
      His original stuff with KMD was torch fire lol,but he definitely got better with Operation: Doomsday and Madvilliany.


      mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


      Originally posted by scottyboy
      like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
        I think Pac really shines in his more mellowed out thoughtful songs. I'm not really a fan of Doom, I can't pass judgement because I haven't listen to nearly enough of him to do so. But from what I have listened to, IMO, he's overrated.
        Exactly. Pac made incredible songs. His music making ability is easily the best the genre has ever seen, but he was nowhere near a good rapper.

        Why is he overrated?


        mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


        Originally posted by scottyboy
        like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
          His original stuff with KMD was torch fire lol,but he definitely got better with Operation: Doomsday and Madvilliany.
          Yeah I really think he didnt hit his musical prowess until he came back from his hiatus.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bored of education View Post
            Yeah I really think he didnt hit his musical prowess until he came back from his hiatus.
            He got better as a technical rapper.

            Rhyme schemes were original at the times, and his production got soo much better than the early stuff.


            mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


            Originally posted by scottyboy
            like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
              Why is he overrated?
              It seems like he chases beats and tries to fit too many words in one line. That's a big turnoff for me since delivery is very appealing to my ear. But like I said, I haven't heard nearly enough of him. I'm listening to some of his stuff as we speak.


              Comment


              • Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                It seems like he chases beats and tries to fit too many words in one line. That's a big turnoff for me since delivery is very appealing to my ear. But like I said, I haven't heard nearly enough of him. I'm listening to some of his stuff as we speak.
                Hmm. Which songs? Nas does that a lot, but DOOM only does that on quick instrumental tracks to be overly lyrical( a pet peeve of mine). The song I posted shows the best of DOOM. The flow,lyrics,delivery, everything that makes him so great.


                mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


                Originally posted by scottyboy
                like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                  Hmm. Which songs? Nas does that a lot, but DOOM only does that on quick instrumental tracks to be overly lyrical( a pet peeve of mine). The song I posted shows the best of DOOM. The flow,lyrics,delivery, everything that makes him so great.
                  The song I listened to where he chased was Doomsday. I think Mr. Clean is pretty coo. You got any recommendations?


                  Comment


                  • So he's responsible for Sofa King.. That song (along with the rest of the soundtrack) irritated the **** out of me while playing NBA 2k9


                    Comment


                    • I will say this tho.. Jay Electronica is ******* ONE COLD BRO


                      Comment








                      • mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


                        Originally posted by scottyboy
                        like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                          I will say this tho.. Jay Electronica is ******* ONE COLD BRO
                          Him and DOOM are 1a 1b to me.

                          I've been stanning him since early last year.

                          Here's a compilation of all released material(including lyrics) prepared by friends of mine on a hip hop forum I frequent.

                          http://www.zshare.net/download/705989106b59515c/


                          mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball


                          Originally posted by scottyboy
                          like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                            I will say this tho.. Jay Electronica is ******* ONE COLD BRO

                            Comment


                            • Doom nominated for the best rolled L's
                              And they wondered how he dealt with stress so well
                              Wild guess? You could say he stay sedated
                              Some say buddha'd, some say faded
                              Someday pray that he will grow a foreign barn full
                              Recent research show it's not so darn harmful
                              Sometimes you might need to detox
                              It can help you with your rhyme flow and your beatbox
                              Off spite to your surprise
                              Turn a Newport Light to a joint right before your eyes
                              Tear a page out the good book, hear it how you want it
                              America's most blunted!




                              PS: Jay-Z is the G.O.A.T. and 2pacs not even in the top 3 dead rappers :)
                              Last edited by ccB; 01-30-2010, 12:55 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rob S View Post



                                One of my favorite albums ever.....listened to the entire thing all the way through on a long run this morning. A classic in my book.
                                One of the most underrated albums of all time from one of the most underrated artists of all time.

                                So good, soooooooooooooooooooooo good.


                                Rep all around

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information