The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
    So Far Gone was on regular rotation on my IPod for months, so I do like Drake, but I couldn't relate to any of his stuff. I could **** with Cudi's stuff all day. The content in tracks like Soundtrack to My Life, Pursuit Of Happiness, Down and Out, Up Up Away, etc discuss topics Drake doesn't or doesn't choose too. Creativity, Drake can't lay a finger on Cudi IMO.

Plus Cudi doesn't need to "freestyle" from a blackberry. :P
    Cudi makes great music, but he's not a good rapper.

So Far Gone was below average from what I expected. A Kid Named Cudi is better...much better.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
    like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• You really are pompous, man. It just amazes me that you are totally unwilling to hear out another's viewpoint. Your just being an arrogant douche and are proving to be totally uninterested in hearing the views of others. Thats the whole point of a board and this thread, to expand your knowledge by interacting with others, but you already know everything that there is to know about hip hop, so why bother, right?

For the record, I too think Drake is a better rapper than Cudi, but music is a personal choice (especially in the case of a guy like Cudi who can really speak to certain people) and you should act a little more mature and realize that.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
        You really are pompous, man. It just amazes me that you are totally unwilling to hear out another's viewpoint. Your just being an arrogant douche and are proving to be totally uninterested in hearing the views of others. Thats the whole point of a board and this thread, to expand your knowledge by interacting with others, but you already know everything that there is to know about hip hop, so why bother, right?

For the record, I too think Drake is a better rapper than Cudi, but music is a personal choice (especially in the case of a guy like Cudi who can really speak to certain people) and you should act a little more mature and realize that.
        lol. Was it that serious to type it out? I don't take anyone else's musical tastes seriously(that is unless I know you personally or you have listened to at least a large portion of a lot of artists' discography.

and yes, I do know more about hip hop than most people, but that means nothing as I'm not financially profiting from it.

like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Since I am ranting on music, I'd like to talk J.Cole. Any fans here? His hype is pretty high, but I think he's an underground Drake.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
            I don't take anyone else's musical tastes seriously(that is unless I know you personally or you have listened to at least a large portion of a lot of artists' discography.
            Then why are you here.....just to grace us with your vast knowledge of the rap game?

And on J Cole, I agree, he is a lot like Drake imo. Similar feel I get when listening to them and I think Cole could very well be the next guy to blow up.
            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
              Then why are you here.....just to grace us with your vast knowledge of the rap game?

And on J Cole, I agree, he is a lot like Drake imo. Similar feel I get when listening to them and I think Cole could very well be the next guy to blow up.
              No. I was here initially ghosting for football discussion and saw this thread under New Posts.

Comment

• New TI song is came out yesterday...tried to find it on youtube but all of it is trash.

Here is a link if you wanna download....it's definitely hard...not pop TI...it's more like old school rubberband man

http://anonym.to/?http://usershare.n...w/zzg4rp7uwgf7

Comment

• Yeah, "I'm Back" is pretty nice.

Comment

• Comment

• Damnit, DMX arrested again. He violated his probation by continuously using different drugs over the past 9 months...

DMX was arrested earlier today in Arizona -- and now his lawyer is reaching out to the one man who he believes can save him ... Dr. Drew Pinsky.

The details of the arrest are unclear -- but the rapper's lawyer Gary Jenkins tells us "He's been battling addiction for some time and he's in need of treatment."

Jenkins also tells us, "We're hoping that maybe Dr. Drew might be able to help him."

DMX -- aka Earl Simmons -- was arrested a bazillion times over the last two years for all sorts of reasons ... including drug charges.

Jenkins added, "He's a talented man ... we're praying for him."

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/09/dmx-ar...r-drew-pinsky/

Comment

• R.E.D. Album is set back once again to 4/20/10. I guess its cool since it "will" come out on 4/20 but **** Game just release one single or something!!!!!!!

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                          R.E.D. Album is set back once again to 4/20/10. I guess its cool since it "will" come out on 4/20 but **** Game just release one single or something!!!!!!!
                          Flamerz 3 (Meek Millz or Mill depending on who you ask) was supposed to come out in October and it still hasn't dropped.

Comment

• How can one think Drake is the best up and coming artist and take his opinion seriously? Funny guy that nixon is... Always trolling the public.

Everyone knows Blu is in a different stratosphere than any up and coming rapper...

Have some good music guis:

Last edited by Ovid; 03-09-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• My favorite Cudi song.

My favorite Drake song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ovid View Post
                                How can one think Drake is the best up and coming artist and take his opinion seriously? Funny guy that nixon is... Always trolling the public.

Everyone knows Blu is in a different stratosphere than any up and coming rapper...
                                I love Blu. BTH gets steady rotation, but he's no different than Drake or J.Cole. Only difference is Drake's a rich kid. They all rap about sex and women a lot(so much so that it becomes repetitive). They all have that stuffed nose voice. Not much differentiating them besides Blu having one great album, but almost nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information