No announcement yet.

The Official Hip Hop Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring is here so time for my opinion of the best driving song..

I like how to argue Blu is good he picks a song where Blu has like 3 lines which aren't good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
      Drake is prolly my favorite out there in the game right now, ive heard all these different dates for the release of his new cd. Anyone know when it is suppose to come out?
      Well Drake is definitely following in Weezy's steps. The release of Thank Me Later has been delayed 3 times now because Drake has been in the studio making more song for the album. Though it is now scheduled to be released in May. They are marketing Drake exactly like Weezy, hit them with some mixtapes, get on some features, and build up anticipation for your album with numerous push backs.

Comment

• Originally posted by molenguinurtle View Post
        Anybody in here comparing Blu to dudes like Drake have no reason to be talking about how much they know about hip hop/rap. Blu blows Drake out of the water, and it's not even close. And I like Drake btw (have comeback season and so far gone), but seriously come on. Don't know how to imbed videos but here's my favorite Blu song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3mQvU7TXog
        How is he better?

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Originally posted by scottyboy
        like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Comment

• Probably my favorite Outkast song

Comment

• Originally posted by gsorace View Post

Probably my favorite Outkast song
              My Man!!!(10 char)

like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post

Great song to, ummmmmmm, "relax" to
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by SwagU View Post
                  Well Drake is definitely following in Weezy's steps. The release of Thank Me Later has been delayed 3 times now because Drake has been in the studio making more song for the album. Though it is now scheduled to be released in May. They are marketing Drake exactly like Weezy, hit them with some mixtapes, get on some features, and build up anticipation for your album with numerous push backs.
                  Well drake and weezy are very similar but i just like drake's voice much more than weezys. But yeah, thats a bummer because the last release date i saw, it should have been this last week that i woulda came out....lame!

Originally posted by 49erNation85
                  I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                    How is he better?
                    Well, I'm not trying to argue about the situation, but basically I believe rappers should be judged by the quality of their lyricism first and foremost. Then, the range of topics. In other words, I think Blu is better than Drake because he spits far more complex and superior lyrics than Drake and talks about far more things than Drake. I don't know how deep you want me to go into this so I'll just stop here for now.
                    I don't really have anything to say for my sig.

Comment

• You know what I just thought of. How we criticize rappers for not having the range of topics as another or the same voice as another rapper but do you realize if all these rappers had the same attributes, there would be no diversity in the rap game. Everybody could have the complex spitting of Blu but the game would be boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by molenguinurtle View Post
                        Well, I'm not trying to argue about the situation, but basically I believe rappers should be judged by the quality of their lyricism first and foremost. Then, the range of topics. In other words, I think Blu is better than Drake because he spits far more complex and superior lyrics than Drake and talks about far more things than Drake. I don't know how deep you want me to go into this so I'll just stop here for now.
                        I lol'd. Could you please show me a Blu song where he really just got "lyrical" He raps about life in a simple way. I've never been wowed by any Blu lines, because that's not what he's about. I'd even go far enough to say Drake(who isn't overly lyrical in his own right) is much more versatile topic wise than Blu(although they both talk about sex/women Ad nauseam to the point where it's repetitive. J.Cole does this too) What else does Blu rap about? The struggle, women, the struggle, women lol. He's not versatile, which is why BTH is aging horribly.

Comment

• Someone explain to me how Blu is "complex" and what their definition of "complex" is lol.

Comment

• Blu: http://aonn.bandcamp.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                              You know what I just thought of. How we criticize rappers for not having the range of topics as another or the same voice as another rapper but do you realize if all these rappers had the same attributes, there would be no diversity in the rap game. Everybody could have the complex spitting of Blu but the game would be boring.
                              Hell yeah. I second this for sure. Diversity is positive for just about everything else in life, why not the rap game?

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilNixon View Post
                                I lol'd. Could you please show me a Blu song where he really just got "lyrical" He raps about life in a simple way. I've never been wowed by any Blu lines, because that's not what he's about. I'd even go far enough to say Drake(who isn't overly lyrical in his own right) is much more versatile topic wise than Blu(although they both talk about sex/women Ad nauseam to the point where it's repetitive. J.Cole does this too) What else does Blu rap about? The struggle, women, the struggle, women lol. He's not versatile, which is why BTH is aging horribly.
                                I'm not sure if you would find a ton of versatile artists regardless of genre in the mainstream anyway. Sure they can branch off for a few songs but basically any male artist will make songs about women, life, happiness as their main topics. But what I think separates the very good and the just okay artists is that there are millions of different women to make a song about, millions of things to make you happy and to say about life and the just okay musicians end up sounding like they are talking about the same thing/woman over and over.

I think the best way to best way to have versatility is if they are able to have narratives. Songs like Brendas got a baby, Stan, N.Y. State of Mind etc. You can say a lot more if it isn't always from your point of view.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information