SARF Flu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
    I feel like if it was a regular flu I would dominate, but super flus are scary.

Maybe only sickly old people are dying from it like the regular flu.
    Yeah, it's a super flu. Most people infected are around 20 years of age, give or take. The girl from my city who died was 23 or 24, and out of the ten cases that popped up yesterday, 8 were under 30.
    Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn; 04-27-2009, 03:49 PM.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
      If a doctor prescribes antibiotics for a viral infection they should have their licenses revoked. You can't fight a viral infection with a drug meant for bacteria. Brent, bottle necking is never good for a species it tends to improve chances for extinction.
      I think a good extinction scare might just get people past all the fear mongering in the media over nothing.

Exceeding the environments carrying capacity seems to be a lot worse..
      Yeah but we're not even close to that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
        Yeah but we're not even close to that yet.
        All the estimates for Earth's human capacity are between 1 billion and 1 trillion. There are almost 7 billion people on Earth and it's growing each year.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          All the estimates for Earth's human capacity are between 1 billion and 1 trillion. There are almost 7 billion people on Earth and it's growing each year.
          Why do researchers even come out with stats or predictions like that. They give a 999 billion range for the capacity and call that legitimate? That seems dumb to me.

Comment

Exceeding the environments carrying capacity seems to be a lot worse..
            falsehood. we're just too wasteful to see past it.

here's the thing though

is the flu curable?

no.

is it ever curable?

no.

when you go to the doctor, and they tell you you have the flu. what do you get prescribed?

bed rest. hot soup. take it easy. keep drinking fluids.

if you're a failure. you will die.
            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
              I think a good extinction scare might just get people past all the fear mongering in the media over nothing.
              You're suggesting that fear will help people not be scared?

Maybe only sickly old people are dying from it like the regular flu.
              This is not the case. The virus is triggering a violent response from the immune system which is destroying people's lungs, but only from people who's immune systems are strong enough to do so (mostly young people).

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                This is not the case. The virus is triggering a violent response from the immune system which is destroying people's lungs, but only from people who's immune systems are strong enough to do so (mostly young people).
                So the cure for Swine Flu is AIDS. I find that funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                  So the cure for Swine Flu is AIDS. I find that funny.
                  I could make some joke about how Africa has nothing to worry about, but that would probably be insensitive.

Comment

I could make some joke about how Africa has nothing to worry about, but that would probably be insensitive.
                    That continents got so many other issues, this is the least of their worries.

Comment

You're suggesting that fear will help people not be scared?

omg but I <3 my lungs

I dont wants the flu.

So it makes you destroy your own lungs? if you dont die will your lungs recover?

Comment

So it makes you destroy your own lungs? if you dont die will your lungs recover?
                        Well, you won't die if your lungs don't shut down. What shape they'll be in would depend.

Basically, a lot of people seem to be catching this and then fighting it off, but every so often someone's immune system responds too strongly and they die.

Comment

I hope Libid doesn't get it in Heaven
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

There's a case about a half hour from where I live....a kid. They're saying he's making a recovery, so maybe its not so bad. I hope it doesn't spread.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              By all means, enlighten me as to why that is.
                              Since we're acting smart; insinuating that human beings as a species could use a catastrophic event just because you're unhappy that we're killing the whales or drilling for oil is in fact a bitchass thing to say.

RIP ST

Comment

So...lemme see if I get this this right. The virus forces your immune system to react, and it actually over-reacts. Then the lungs might react too much, and therefore collapse and you die?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information