Clear All

Company that follows Diseases' twitter:

http://twitter.com/Veratect

Comment

Originally posted by Strongside View Post
      **** Madagascar. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Hero View Post
        My thought is that a) fear-mongering in the media will be minimized after a legitimate scare and b) people will be less responsive to scare tactics after having dealt with something that was legitimately worth fearing. Not likely but I haven't been able to watch the news on TV in years, I think a real threat might halt the public panic agencies called Fox News and CNN.
        That doesn't ring particularly true with what I've seen from us as a country. The greatest and most successful fear mongering moments in recent US history have all come during moments of legitimate fear (fear of Communism once the Russians acquired the nuclear bomb and fear of the Middle East after 9/11).

When people are generally afraid, they are more receptive to being afraid of what people tell them to be afraid of. So I think your idea would backfire horribly.

Comment

Originally posted by Strongside View Post
          **** Madagascar. Seriously.
          It took me weeks to take that country down.

Comment

Just got this email on my UTK email from the chancellor.

As we begin finals and prepare for commencement ceremonies and activities, I want to take a moment to provide a brief update about the ongoing swine flu situation.

I want to assure you that the health and safety of our campus community is our foremost concern and that our campus plan takes a proactive approach in the event the current outbreak should worsen.

We have heard from some students and parents, as well as employees, who have valid concerns and questions about the developing international situation. It is important to note that current medications have been effective in treating people who have become ill from the virus and no deaths have occurred in America. We are currently monitoring the situation on an hourly basis through the Knox County Health Department, which works directly with state and federal health officials on the latest information and instructions for the general public.

Currently, no adjustments have been made to any university schedule or planned campus activities.

Our campus Pandemic Influenza Response Plan follows Centers for Disease Control guidelines. The plan gives me latitude to take immediate action if the virus continues to spread among humans and begins to cause severe and sustained illness among members of communities. Any action would be taken out of an abundance of caution to protect our students, faculty, staff and visitors. The plan - which is a companion to the campus Emergency Management Plan which is described at http://safety.utk.edu - relates to public health emergencies and specifies key equipment, resources and personnel needed for this response.

Student Health Services advises that all members of our campus community take special care to follow proper hygiene procedures to avoid becoming ill. More information is posted online at http://web.utk.edu/~shs/. Additional information also can be found at http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/.

Students who have flu-like symptoms should first call and speak to a nurse at the Student Health Service at (865) 974-2262. The clinic is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays. The key determinant in diagnosing flu is a temperature at or above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Students requiring after-hours attention should also call UT Medical Center at (865) 305-9000. Students who are ill should stay home and rest and avoid contact with other people.

I will provide more information if conditions worsen or if we receive more specific information that affects our campus and requires that we take additional action. I hope that you have a healthy and safe conclusion to this semester and enjoy the many related events that we have planned.

Comment

When you get this one;

Run for your lives. Every man, woman and child for themselves.
              Signed,
              The Chancellor
              Be worried.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

**** Mexico ? yes.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

West Nile virus
                  Mad Cow disease
                  Avian bird flu
                  SARS

Now enter swine bird flu. Next thing you know it'll be some kinda dragon bird flu.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

A handfull of people have died. People die from the flu every day. People die from the flu shot! The media's just doing fear mongering because news is slow right now. Is it a pretty badass flu? Sure. Is it the end of humanity? No.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• edit//on second thought, this ain't worth it.

RIP ST

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                        When you get this one;

Run for your lives. Every man, woman and child for themselves.
                        Signed,
                        The Chancellor
                        Be worried.
                        could be worse

Dear Creation,

I've had enough of your ********. Enjoy the pig flu, you'll all die because of it.

Yes that includes you, Madagascar.

See you all very soon,

God

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          That doesn't ring particularly true with what I've seen from us as a country. The greatest and most successful fear mongering moments in recent US history have all come during moments of legitimate fear (fear of Communism once the Russians acquired the nuclear bomb and fear of the Middle East after 9/11).

When people are generally afraid, they are more receptive to being afraid of what people tell them to be afraid of. So I think your idea would backfire horribly.
                          If we're talking about something that would have a significant bottlenecking effect on our population it'll be far more significant than a bunch of crazy drunk russians trying run each others' lives on the other side of the world, I say this while broad of my heritage of alcoholism and cold weather. It'll be more than just something to be afraid of it'll be an actual event. I understand what you're saying but I think what we're talking about, or at least what i was talking about, is something on a completely different level and would push men past their fears, if only to survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                            I lol'd... seriously the only time I've won that game is when my disease started in Madagascar.

I even have had a disease with only resistances and methods of transmission... Madagascar still managed to figure me out...

Comment

• I'm really starting to get scared here in Panama..

elections weekend and they're saying its starting to spread, but they're keeping it low so that people go and vote

Comment

• It's finally hit southern Ontario. Holy ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information