No announcement yet.

Draft Coverage thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez...Chris Berman was killing me. Dropping his subtle hints and saying that this is what he thinks and in my opinion they should do this blah, blah, blah...only after someone told him the pick before it was announced. Puhlease. I'm so happy that we dont have to deal with his crap on day 2. I bet his collegues or co-workers, whatever you want to call them, hate him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

I thought ESPN's coverage was disgusting. It was trash in every way, and the only thing that slightly salvaged it was Kiper giving some good insight. Chris Carter and Herm Edwards both sound illiterate, and Berman is damn annoying.

The constant slobbering over Stafford and the Lions was too much for me to handle. After the third round i just used the live tracker on nfl.com

Comment

I was pissed at:

Chris Carter, Trey Wingo, Chris Berman, Bill Cosby, Trent Dilfer, Steve Young, the same commercials.

:/ at least they had Kiper

Comment

Berman has pretty much become a caricature of himself, and it's a pretty annoying and unfunny one. I think he genuinely believes his puns are clever and witty, which is pretty sad. Thank god for NFLN.

Comment

I also <3 Jon Gruden, with his sexy haircut.

Herm Edwards was a bit disappointing.

NFLN was better than ESPN, yes.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              I thought ESPN's coverage was disgusting. It was trash in every way, and the only thing that slightly salvaged it was Kiper giving some good insight. Chris Carter and Herm Edwards both sound illiterate, and Berman is damn annoying.

The constant slobbering over Stafford and the Lions was too much for me to handle. After the third round i just used the live tracker on nfl.com
              Slobbering over stafford? really? Stafford hardly got any attention whatsoever. Which coverage were you watching? Mark Sanchez got ALL of the face time on espn....lol

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                God. Next year ESPN should get a larger rotation of commercials. I swear I saw the same 10 over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over apple pie and over and over and over and over and over and over.

=

Comment

One huge + this year was Keyshawn barely talked at all.

Comment

Kiper was the only reason I watched ESPN. I don't like Mariucci or Mayock so I couldn't watch NFLN.

I also wish they would actually focus on Day 2, and not just recap Day 1. I like hearing about small school sleepers in more than 10 second descriptions.

Paul

New York Giants
                    New York Yankees
                    New York Knicks (unfortunately)
                    UConn Basketball
                    Virginia Tech Football
                    UConn Football

Comment

NFLN was hysterical towards the end. Rich & Gruden were awesome, and the tech team was even pulling and showing footage draftees all the way through 7 rounds. Rich was even making a joke about it thinking there would be no tape for some of the players - and then was shocked and laughing saying "Wow! We even have spot-shadows??"

Good stuff. **** ESPN. Just sign Mel to NFLN and let him and Mayock battle it out. At some point we have to assume the NFL will nix ESPN's ticket to the draft in favor of their own network, anyway.

Give me lots of Eisen, Gruden & Billick. I'll suffer through Davis & Dukes. Mayock is ok with me - but Mel would be nice, too.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        Espn needs to focus more on the 2nd day picks. Like 10 picks go by and they'll highlight say one guy and talk about him for a good 5 seconds. I honestly dont want to hear about the top 5 guys for the duration of the 2nd day. They always show clips of the Brady's and Davis' of the world and yet they dont even focus on these later guys. Pretty annoying. It actually used to be better...but now all they care about is re-hashing the 1st round for multiple hours. You can do that when the draft is over, imo.
                        you are correct, the day 2 coverage is terrible

Comment

What if NFLN tried to snag Kiper? Mayock+ Kiper = epic. I would love to see those two go at it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

The NFLN coverage on the second day was pretty kickass. I had the chance to see the first round of ESPN coverage in Canada so I decided to give it a shot, but it honestly almost put me to sleep. I'll take the NFLN experts over their guys any day. I love Mel, of course, but Mayock is currently the best in the business and I think he proved it again with another tremendous weekend. I'm glad I missed out on the ESPN day two coverage after what you guys said, interviewing Hoyer and Cosby to fill up some time? Wow. I could only imagine how pissed I'd be seeing them neglect the majority of those second day guys.

Comment

well NFLN had a lot of commercials which was annoying and they had some weird Draft reviews of 99 01 and so on

Comment

i dont usually mind espn, but i admit that their coverage was awful this year

they just kept talking while the commissioner was announcing the picks

next year ill just watch nfOH WAIT COMCAST LOL

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                                <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                                <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information