Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody play...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anybody play...

    ....disc golf??

    I've been playing it for a few years and was just curious if anybody else on here plays it.

    For anybody that has no idea what I am talking about:
    http://www.pdga.com/
    Last edited by terribletowel39; 04-30-2009, 10:40 AM.


    Silverback....still the best.

    +rep to Jakey for the sig

  • #2
    I play 2 - 3 rounds of disc golf a week. I LOVE disc golf!!!

    As a matter of fact, the middle school that i teach at has a 6-hole "course" on its campus.

    Nothing better than free entertainment on the disc golf course
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
      I play 2 - 3 rounds of disc golf a week. I LOVE disc golf!!!

      As a matter of fact, the middle school that i teach at has a 6-hole "course" on its campus.

      Nothing better than free entertainment on the disc golf course
      Awesome, I was hoping there was atleast ONE more person that played.

      I've been thinking about expanding my courses played and venturing out. I only really play two courses right now because thats how many are in the town I live in. But I've got some plans to go on some trips to check out some of the better courses.

      What do you play with?? Just curious.


      Silverback....still the best.

      +rep to Jakey for the sig

      Comment


      • #4
        we choose to rent this house because it backs up to a disc golf course.

        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Brent View Post
          we choose to rent this house because it backs up to a disc golf course.
          So safe to assume you get out the a course every now and then??

          I started playing when I lived in Dallas. Have you ever played Lake Lewisville?


          Silverback....still the best.

          +rep to Jakey for the sig

          Comment


          • #6
            It looks like a great deal of fun and I would totally play if there were a course near me. It looks like a sport straight out of the late 70's / early 80's.




            2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
              It looks like a great deal of fun and I would totally play if there were a course near me. It looks like a sport straight out of the late 70's / early 80's.
              It is a sport straight out of the 70's. haha and there are a few courses in Shreveport.

              There is one at Clyde Fant, Stonewall, Ford Park, and there is also one out in Doyline on Lake Bistineau. The one in Doyline is supposed to be one of the better ones in Louisiana. I think my girlfriend and I are going to drive out there and play it this weekend actually.


              Silverback....still the best.

              +rep to Jakey for the sig

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                Have you ever played Lake Lewisville?
                No, Coppell had a course.

                Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
                  It is a sport straight out of the 70's. haha and there are a few courses in Shreveport.

                  There is one at Clyde Fant, Stonewall, Ford Park, and there is also one out in Doyline on Lake Bistineau. The one in Doyline is supposed to be one of the better ones in Louisiana. I think my girlfriend and I are going to drive out there and play it this weekend actually.
                  You are going to be that close to Bossier City this weekend?




                  2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                    You are going to be that close to Bossier City this weekend?
                    Yep, getting off at the Haughton/Filmore exit. Arby's FTW.

                    You should come out. I have some extra discs and I can teach you how to play.


                    Silverback....still the best.

                    +rep to Jakey for the sig

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I sent you a PM, we may have to get together this weekend.




                      2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I use a Champion Beast, a Skeeter, & a Shark.

                        I have other discs, but those are the 3 that i use.

                        The TwinCities Metro area has a ton of great parks.

                        http://www.playdg.com/ ~ an excellent resource to find courses in MN, Wisc, and other midwest states. They have downloadable score cards (i hardly ever keep score) and pictures from most of the courses.
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Theres a forest that surrounds our mall and all around the forest are those metal things in that picture.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                            I use a Champion Beast, a Skeeter, & a Shark...
                            I couldn't use a frisbee called a Skeeter with out going "Skeet Skeet Skeet" every time I threw it LOL.




                            2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                              I use a Champion Beast, a Skeeter, & a Shark.

                              I have other discs, but those are the 3 that i use.

                              The TwinCities Metro area has a ton of great parks.

                              http://www.playdg.com/ ~ an excellent resource to find courses in MN, Wisc, and other midwest states. They have downloadable score cards (i hardly ever keep score) and pictures from most of the courses.
                              I use a Champion Beast as well for 90% of my shots. I'm not HUGE into the whole you need 700 disc to play a course. I regularly just use 2. And both are drivers. I use a Champion Monster for most of my short putts.


                              Silverback....still the best.

                              +rep to Jakey for the sig

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information