No announcement yet.

Best Commissioner in Big 4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with the Goodell by default. Maybe Stern.

Also, who's the commish-type in NASCAR? Because NASCAR's one of the big 4, not NHL.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

David Stern might be the biggest douche of them all, but he certainly knows how to run a league.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post

Also, who's the commish-type in NASCAR? Because NASCAR's one of the big 4, not NHL.
        Burn in eternal hell. In order for Nascar to be part of the Big 4, maybe they should make it a real sport, not "turn left for 3 hours".

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
          Burn in eternal hell. In order for Nascar to be part of the Big 4, maybe they should make it a real sport, not "turn left for 3 hours".
          woah woah woah

woah.

Don't kill the messenger. I hate NASCAR too.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Goodell I don't agree with everything he has done but I have liked more then I have disliked.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post

Brian France

i really dont like the direction he's taken the sport, what with the chase and other things, so i wouldnt vote for him either :/

bonekrusher on the sig magic
              <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
              <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

I love how selig has no votes

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                Originally posted by Job
                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

I can't believe Bettman got any votes. He may be the worst commisioner of any sport ever. In his tenure the NHL has seen two work stoppages, one shortening the season by half, the other cancelling the entire season.

He is responsible for the rapid expansion of the league throughout the southern US. This isn't a bad thing in and of itself, but when half those teams can't support themselves, it's a problem. One of the most notorious cases was Carolina. Before the move/expansion, the NHL played neutral site games in some of the cities bidding for franchises. Hamilton, Ontario drew an estimated 50,000+ to their game. Carolina drew less than 4,000. Who got the franchise? And Carolina is one of the teams that is now struggling.

On top of that, he's too stubborn to realize it or admit he was wrong. This can be seen in the case of Jim Balsillie. He has attempted to purchase 3 teams now (Pittsburgh, Nashville, and now Phoenix) and move them to Southern Ontario. The NHL blocked the first two attempts, and I expect a fight on the third as well. This is despite the fact that the 6 Canadian teams generate 33.3% of the NHL's revenue, with the majority of the rest being generated by the american original 6 teams (Boston, New York, Chicago, Detroit). You could put a team in Saskatchewan (population just over 1 million) and it's going to generate more revenue than some of these southern teams.

I could go on and on about this guy, but he's easily the worst commisioner in sports, and it's really not even close IMO.

Originally posted by Jakey
                  WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

No votes for Selig.....lol.

I voted Goodell because I think he is doing a good job for the most part.....but really, it's almost him by default. The only other one I even gave consideration to was Stern.

Selig. Steroids. No.

Bettman. Lockout. No.

Two automatic outs in my book.

Stern didn't have any really huge knock against him I didn't think, and the NBA does do some things better than the NFL (rookie scale for instance) but the NFL is the premiere sport these days and whether you believe Goodell merely stepped into a good spot or not, he's done well to keep it going at a high level.

These upcoming labor negotiations might hurt him though....I pray they get resolved quickly and reasonably.

Comment

Goodell by default.
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                      Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                      I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                      Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                      I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                      Originally posted by GoRavens
                      Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

Betman's turrible, Stern's running the WWE basketball edition, Goodell is the worst at handing out suspensions and bud selig's bud selig. Da **** is with american sports commissioners?

Stern is as bad as Bettman and Selig, he's let officiating get so bad that you need a star player just not to get blown out by the refs.
                        Last edited by Mr. Hero; 05-07-2009, 01:31 AM.

Comment

I don't agree with Goodell on several things, but I can't say that he's done a terrible job in his short tenure. Time will tell with him.

I hate David Stern. He is one of the few people I've never met that I actually say that about. The whole 'league image" thing is total bull, and NBA games are highly "influenced" by soft calls. I get sick of seeing people try to draw fouls.

Selig is pretty well disliked, and the steroids scandal hangs high over him. There was also that strike that happened on his watch too IIRC. I don't watch baseball anymore though.

I don't watch hockey, but even I know that Bettman is horrendous.

My choice is Dana White and Scott Coker......err Goodell.
                          "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                          ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

haha no one voted for Bud Selig not even as a joke

Comment

haha no one voted for Bud Selig not even as a joke

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information