No announcement yet.

Whats your major/line of work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finishing up my freshmen year still undecided.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
      History and Geography Major.
      What kind of history are you interested in?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by irishbucsfan View Post
        Just about to finish my 3rd year of a 6 year Medical degree.
        My brother is a junior in medical school and wants to be a psychiatrist because they get pretty good pay and normal 8 to 5 hours. He thought at first he wanted to become one of the filthy rich doctors that do surgery all the time but he has now realized he cant stand surgery because of the hours they have. He had to show up at the hospital at 6am and his shift ended at noon the following day. He is now in the OB/GYN portion of med school and cant wait for it to get over. He said that one girl weighed 350 pounds and they had to play "find the vagina." haha Then he said another lady came in with warts that they had to burn off with a laser.
        Last edited by jayceheathman; 05-06-2009, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Im currently a Business Major but when I transfer after next semester I hope to switch to Sports Management.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

I went the first two years thinking about Journalism and Mass Communications. Thinking about switching however.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
              Im currently a Business Major but when I transfer after next semester I hope to switch to Sports Management.
              Although Sports Management sounds like a sick program, what does one do with a degree in sports management?

Comment

mechanical engineering

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Majored in English with an emphasis in Rhetoric.
                  Currently, I substitute teach and hope to be teaching HS in the fall.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                    Although Sports Management sounds like a sick program, what does one do with a degree in sports management?
                    manage sports

stuff like gm'ing and such, i suppose, i dont really know

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Technically Nursing because I haven't changed it to Computer Science yet.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                        My brother is a junior in medical school and wants to be a psychiatrist because they get pretty good pay and normal 8 to 5 hours. He thought at first he wanted to become one of the filthy rich doctors that do surgery all the time but he has now realized he cant stand surgery because of the hours they have. He had to show up at the hospital at 6am and his shift ended at noon the following day. He is now in the OB/GYN portion of med school and cant wait for it to get over. He said that one girl weighed 350 pounds and they had to play "find the vagina." haha Then he said another lady came in with warts that they had to burn off with a laser.
                        Yeah everyone jokes and says 'oho you wanna be a gynaecologist?'. They don't realise that what you see are the nasty ones. I'm thinking about going into oncology, because I'm very interested in cancer genetics in terms of research, and I think I have good mentality for the rigors of that specialty. It's not a pretty one, but you can do a lot of good.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          Yeah well its mainly towards managing sports but theres many things you can do with this major..This is from the schools website:

Job opportunities exist within the sport management profession in such positions as (among others): advertising director, athletic director (associate or assistant), commentator for radio/television, community recreation manager, golf course director, corporate or industrial fitness director, country club manager, development (fundraising) director, director of sales, director of marketing, equipment room manager, buildings and grounds director, facility manager, sales, financial or business manager, fitness club manager, director of scouting, director of camps, college or university intramural director, media relations director, personnel director, facilities planner, publications director, equipment manufacture manager, photo journalist, press relations director, promotions and fundraising director, public relations director, public address announcer, director of security, sports club manager, sports information director, sport journalist, sport statistician, stadium or arena manager, ticket operations manager, travel secretary, etc.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Spanish major, Journalism minor.

Comment

French & German major.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
                                mechanical engineering
                                Hook it up with a job or internship man.

I;m a Mechanical Engineering Student at Temple
                                Last edited by brat316; 05-06-2009, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information