Whats your major/line of work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d34ng3l021
    started a topic Whats your major/line of work?

Whats your major/line of work?

Many of us here have jobs or are college students so I was just wondering what type of work or major everyone is a part of.

I am a psychology major but am trying to get into med school.

• keylime_5
    replied
    Graphic Design, just passed portfolio review last month too biatches (2nd highest score ftw)...and they only take about 10-15 people a year, so to do that you have to pretty much be completely obsessed with design and that's all you do day and night - no sleep - all semester. So that's a relief, and USC's design program is actually very good, but it doesn't get any hype because it wasn't really a legit major here until like 7 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• JHG722
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob S View Post
    Sport Management FTW! Its pretty easy, no lie, but I have enjoyed my 3 years thus far and still had some tough classes in my core because of honors classes. You need to go to grad school with a SPM degree tho, hence why I will be going to Law School or Business School next year.

I also have minors in: Business, Philosophy, and International Studies
    Where are you at?

It's SM, btw, not SPM ;)

Leave a comment:

• draftguru151
    replied
    Majoring in mechanical engineering with a minor in math, half way done yay.

Leave a comment:

• Rob S
    replied
    Sport Management FTW! Its pretty easy, no lie, but I have enjoyed my 3 years thus far and still had some tough classes in my core because of honors classes. You need to go to grad school with a SPM degree tho, hence why I will be going to Law School or Business School next year.

I also have minors in: Business, Philosophy, and International Studies

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    Originally posted by djp View Post
    It's good. My brother graduated with a degree in MIS and his company just paid for him to go to France for a month to help install/train employees on their new software over there. I got a year and a half left before I get my BA

it's a good mix of business and computers. Computer science just isn't for me
    I was thinking about this major aswell, but wasn't sure what it all entailed. Is there a lot of coding involved, because I did some very simple Visual Basic stuff back in high school and hated it.

Leave a comment:

• djp
    replied
    Originally posted by yo123 View Post
    How do you like it? That's one I was thinking about.
    It's good. My brother graduated with a degree in MIS and his company just paid for him to go to France for a month to help install/train employees on their new software over there. I got a year and a half left before I get my BA

it's a good mix of business and computers. Computer science just isn't for me

Leave a comment:

• the dude
    replied
    Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
    So did you just add on a cert. in Soc. St.?
    the educational system in denmark is pretty different from the one in the states, I didn't have to take any additional classes to get access to my masters program, there is a large number of masters programs that you have access to with any kind of bachelors degree. I just had to write a one page application stating why i would be qualified, and luckily I got accepted

Leave a comment:

• CJSchneider
    replied
    Originally posted by the dude View Post
    ba in library and information science. doing a masters in digital design and communications
    So did you just add on a cert. in Soc. St.?

Leave a comment:

• the dude
    replied
    ba in library and information science. doing a masters in digital design and communications

Leave a comment:

• jayceheathman
    replied
    Originally posted by Cicero View Post
    Do classes get any better after micro and macro? I was thinking about being an econ major but I despised both of those classes and I don't think I could force myself to take another one since I won't have to for any other degree.
    I did well in those two classes. I am an econ major and one intermediate class is hard but it may just be my teacher because we have almost no grades so if you do bad on one test then its almost like tough out of luck. We only have two exams and then a final and thats pretty much it. Most classes I have had through college do 3 exams and a final and if I am lucky then they choose to drop your lowest or at least have projects throughout the year than boost your grade a little. I think econ is really interesting although almost everyone says "yuck" when I tell them my major. Intermediate econ has been mostly graphing and making what a monopoly company would look like when you add marginal costs and stuff like that.

Leave a comment:

• stephenson86
    replied
    I do a lot of tennis racket stringing. Have my own little business lol.

Leave a comment:

• yo123
    replied
    Originally posted by djp View Post
    I'm a Management Information Systems major
    How do you like it? That's one I was thinking about.

Leave a comment:

• djp
    replied
    I'm a Management Information Systems major

Leave a comment:

• FatJJ44
    replied
    I'm a quantitative finance major with a minor in math right now. Just finished up my freshman year. I might double major in accounting cause I loved my accounting classes this. Would that be useful or would I be wasting my time?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information