No announcement yet.

2009 NCAA Division 1 Lacrosse Tourny Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a tough game for Navy last night. Duke absolutely dominated. Should be a good game between them and Carolina.

As of now Notre Dame's undefeated season is in jeopardy of coming to an end at the hands of Maryland.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

The Terps knock off previously unbeaten Notre Dame 7-3. Maryland is the first unseeded team to advance to the 2nd round.

Comment

Virginia is just killing Villanova 10-0 in the 2nd Quarter. Could be a very ugly game.

Comment

I'm glad to see the ND lacrosse has continued the tradition that ND football started: dominate your cupcake schedule and blow in the postseason.

Comment

Virginia now up 17-0 with 12:00 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. This is getting really bad. I feel bad for the Villanova kids, I hope they can get on the board.

Comment

I thought Virginia was going to beat us up pretty bad, but this is an absolute massacre. Next year should be interesting in the new Big East lax conference. The program will be gradually phasing in scholarships, which should help. I'm pretty sure nobody on this year's team is on a scholarship. I'd like them to get a goal on the board as well. This isn't a surprise, but it was a really ugly game.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                I'm glad to see the ND lacrosse has continued the tradition that ND football started: dominate your cupcake schedule and blow in the postseason.
                They play in a weak lacrosse conference, the Great Western Lacrosse League, with Air Force, Denver, Ohio State, Quinnipiac, and Bellarmine. I do have to say I am impressed that they beat Loyola Maryland, North Carolina, and Bucknell this year, but the rest of the schedule was pretty weak.

At least they will be out of the GWLL next year as they have decided to join the Big East, which will begin to sponsor lacrosse next year. Georgetown, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Villanova, Providence, St. John's, and Rutgers will make up the conference.

Comment

Nova finally scored!

Comment

Great to see. I was starting to feel bad for the guys.

Comment

Virginia called off the dogs late and beat Villanova 18-6.

Comment

Princeton holds off UMASS 10-7 for the win.

Comment

Syracuse easily handles Siena 11-4.

And that concludes the 1st Round of the tournament.

Comment

I can't wait for the Duke-UNC matchup in round 2.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              I'm glad to see the ND lacrosse has continued the tradition that ND football and ND hockey started: dominate your cupcake schedule and blow in the postseason.
                              FYP.

10chars
                              Temple University Owls

Comment

I know this isn't really on topic but a guy i met and travelled with for a few weeks in Spain just won the NJCAA National Championship and was named a 1st team NJCAA All American. And just got into Cornell.

Wish i was still good at stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information