No announcement yet.

My hitchhiking adventure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah. I doubt you'll be heading out East, but if you need any help in PA, I may be able to lend a hand!

Follow Me on Twitter!
    https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

me and my cousin plan on hitchhiking to Vancouver for the Olympics :)

Comment

Well I doubt you're going to come through NJ at all, would you?

Comment

Like I said before, follow the Unwritten Book of the Road

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

I'm guessing at least 2 rapes will occur on this trip

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
              Like I said before, follow the Unwritten Book of the Road

Thats what the substance we can't talk about it is for.

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
              Thats because for 95% of the time you are in the middle of nowhere if you follow I-10 in Texas. If you start in Houston and go west then you got Houston and then San Antonio about 3 hours outside of Houston and then after that its a bunch of nothing until El Paso. I have done the drive from El Paso to Houston and it will take you at least a good 12 hours just to get across the state
              Ya, the drive from Houston to EP is terrible, easily the most boring drive I've ever taken.

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
              How far are you planning to go on this trip?
              Milwaukee, WI-El Paso, TX-San Diego, CA-Portland, OR-Milwaukee, Wi so it's gonna be a very long way.

If this goes well, I may make a loop east next year, just because I've never been to most of the East Coast.
              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

are you going to be like Dean Moriarty or Sal Paradise on this trip?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  are you going to be like Dean Moriarty or Sal Paradise on this trip?
                  Probably in between the two of them, but leaning towards Sal(at least Sal in the middle of the book.)
                  I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                  Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I bet you'll end up in a suitcase somewhere in the southwest.

I'll be living in South Dakota in about two weeks. I'd be glad to take you to Mt. Rushmore if you're in the neighborhood.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Well, I am taking this trip alone now. The girl I was going to be going with definitely needs surgery, one of her tendons is separated in two places and she is going to be bedridden for a couple months.

This makes this trip a hell of a lot more difficult. But **** it, I'm going anyway. I'm leaving in a few days.
                      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

ha i wish you good luck and have fun with it.

Comment

Yeah, best of luck. I hope you remain safe during your journey. Take lots of pictures.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

DO IT. make sure you haz interwebz where ever you go. Keep a journal, and then write a book about your experiences, like most people who go backpacking do.

Also I read that having trade or skill set helps, so learning to cook can be a plus.

Comment

If you're good with cars offer to give people who give you a ride a free oil change

Comment

Well, I leave tomorrow morning. I'll be heading to El Paso first, so I'll try to do a little write up once I get there. I figure it won't be too hard since I'll be writing the whole way down there.
                                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information