Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you love/ hate about your hometown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pentagon City, VA(D.C./Arlington VA Border)

- I love that it only takes me 20 minutes to walk to the White house from my apartment.

-I hate that it takes me 2 hours to drive to the white house from my apartment.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Toronto

Love: Spots teams for everything, always something to do.

Hate: weather, things being expensive/over priced at places

Comment

Montreal

Love : Everything! I mean there is always something to do in mtl which is awesome.

Dislike : Probably the traffic ?

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

I dislike that woot does not live in the same town as me :(
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Brooklyn, NY

Love: Always something to do, no matter how late it is. Transit is great, never closes. Good places to eat and drink.

Hate: Some rough areas that need to be avoided later on at night, hobos who smell on the train, f'n construction on trains during the weekends.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Like: The scenery

Dislike: The people

Comment

Mission, Texas -

+: Biggest city in the valley (McAllen) is only a ten minute drive away, you have a lot of things a big city has (save for pro sports teams), great food, traffic is never bad, the expressway will have you in South Padre Island in 1.5 hours tops, a pretty good University is in Edinburg, which is a 15 minute drive from Mission.

-: Small town cops have nothing better to do than pull people over for any reason. Corruption in school districts everywhere. Sometimes, it feels like things are too spread out, like driving home after a night of drinking.

Comment

Outer Banks, NC

Like - the beach, warm weather from spring to fall, laid-back place, not much crime
                  Dislike - lack of things to do, too many ******* golf courses and office buildings/banks, winter when it is cold and there is nothing to do, no professional sports teams even though one most likely couldn't be supported

BoneKrusher

Comment

-one of the top school districts in the country
                    -20 minutes to Center City Philly and the sports complex
                    -20 minutes from every ethnic dining choice possible
                    -20 minutes from music venues
                    20 minutes to the largest mall in the United States
                    -NYC, DC and the shore all nearby/not too far away
                    -tons of movie theatres nearby including an Indie theatre
                    -international airport which is a US Airways hub and cheap flights from Southwest
                    -Multiple grocery stores and shopping options within 5 minutes
                    -People are pretty friendly
                    -Lack of sprawl and cookie cutter houses

Dislike:

-Snow (although winters have been mild the last few years)
                    -Not a ton of restaurant options

I love it here, but I'm definitely going west after I graduate from college.
                    Temple University Owls

Comment

I'm from Gaithersburg, MD

Love: 20 minutes from DC. Only a 2 hour drive from either the beach orthe mountains.

Hate: Traffic

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                        Pentagon City, VA(D.C./Arlington VA Border)

- I love that it only takes me 20 minutes to walk to the White house from my apartment.

-I hate that it takes me 2 hours to drive to the white house from my apartment.
                        god. i love 395. i mean you could swim there too. but who swims in the potomac. really.

hi. i live in chicago. more specific wrigleyville.

my likes are: i don't get my ass handed to me by property taxes, i like the fantastic food we have nearby, i live next door to taco bell, there are plenty of fantastic music clubs in the area, i don't live next door to a million yuppies like i would if i lived in old town or the gold coast or in the west loop, i have a back yard, i love winter, i can go fishing on the lake most of the year, public transportation isn't that bad.

my dislikes are: i get my ass handed to me by sales tax, i dislike that all the pizza places around me suck balls, i live next door to taco bell that closes at 5am and attracts every drunk midget for 300 miles, the only bands that play in chicago are bobby bare jr, cascadia, and nickleback, i live next door to a million bro dudes (chads) and trixies (google that one if you need a hand), it's balls hot in the summer and not in the good way, the fish in the lake have sucked since i've lived here, it's so flat bike riding becomes boring (and dangerous from ******* who dno't watch where they're driving).

that's all! i miss home!
                        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                          Brooklyn, NY

Love: Always something to do, no matter how late it is. Transit is great, never closes. Good places to eat and drink.

Hate: Some rough areas that need to be avoided later on at night, hobos who smell on the train, f'n construction on trains during the weekends.
                          Word man, I LOOOOVE the 247 Public Transit, Bars/Resturants EVERYWHERE, and a TON of bars stay open past the 4am Last Call, and People from EVERYWHERE in the world

Hate: Smelly Bums on the train, yuppies moving into my neighborhood, Express trains not running due to Track Construction

BTW, what neighborhood u live in??? Im from Sunset Park.... SP WHUDDUP!!! LOL
                          LOUD & PROUD

NY GIANTS 4X SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kase1 View Post
                            Word man, I LOOOOVE the 247 Public Transit, Bars/Resturants EVERYWHERE, and a TON of bars stay open past the 4am Last Call, and People from EVERYWHERE in the world

Hate: Smelly Bums on the train, yuppies moving into my neighborhood, Express trains not running due to Track Construction

BTW, what neighborhood u live in??? Im from Sunset Park.... SP WHUDDUP!!! LOL
                            East New York, but so close to Queens that I'm right there. Neighborhood called Cityline

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Columbia, MD

Like: 20 mins from Baltimore and DC. 2 hours to the mountains and beach either way. Now with a car there's always something I can find to do. Merriweather Post Pavilion pulls some decent concerts. Pretty wealthy town, Forbes ranked 7th best to live well in: http://www.forbes.com/2009/05/04/tow...top-towns.html

Dislike: Fairly 'manufactured' town, planned community. Plenty of rich snobby people.

Comment

Newcastle

Love: live across the road from the beach, fairly big city with plenty to do, but because the actual cbd is pretty small it doesnt feel big which i like alot, nightlife is pretty good, easily available illicit substances, people are really laid back most of the time, traffic isn't really that much of an issue, very un-sydney-ish, some really nice suburbs

Hate: developing a bit of a reputation for being a drug hole, cbd looks like **** the surf has literally been **** for nearly 6 months now, wish we had a better live music scene

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information