Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing Project Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marketing Project Help

    So.....I am doing a project in my sports marketing class and we need to create an event that we can sell to sponsors. Essentially I am going to be creating a sales pitch to get sponsors for my event. That said, I need a creative event as the essential part. I have some ideas, but I am not in love with any of them. Therefore, I will turn to my creative and brilliant NFLDC brethren for some ideas. No sport is off limits (but I will need to research some stuff so a REALLY obscure one wont be fun), something like the UFC would be totally fine for example. So show me NFLDC, what do you got?

    ** Rep will be given
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

  • #2
    Go for a charity event. In times like these, nothing sells like good will



    <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

    Comment


    • #3
      For hockey: Skates that have two blades on each foot. Both on the outsides of the feet. Seems like it would relieve tension and lead to longer ice time. That's just me though.

      Oh, and I don't know **** about hockey so don't take my word for it.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
        For hockey: Skates that have two blades on each foot. Both on the outsides of the feet. Seems like it would relieve tension and lead to longer ice time. That's just me though.

        Oh, and I don't know **** about hockey so don't take my word for it.
        He needs an event not a product



        <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

        Comment


        • #5
          ****. Make that an event. Facebook's good for that.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
            Go for a charity event. In times like these, nothing sells like good will
            How about, in the NBA offseason a 2 on 2 tourney for T-Mac's darfur refugees charity (maybe just NBAcares). It would have a pool of real NBA players and teams would be generated either randomly or pre-selected. The games would then be conducted tourney style in a one day event. Is that something you might be interested in?
            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hold some kind of international tournament. The FIFA world cup sells tons of tickets, sponsership and merchandise.

              Maybe hold a FIBA tournament in the US?

              Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
              Originally posted by Job
              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

              Comment


              • #8
                b-ball tourney is a great idea, we hold one every year in the name of a friend that died too young, there is always a great turnout. You can raffle off prizes, sell t-shirts, (that's what we do) hand out pamphlets on the McGrady cause, everything goes to the charity. Have a dj and a beer booth. You can design flyers and include them as part of the project.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                  Hold some kind of international tournament. The FIFA world cup sells tons of tickets, sponsership and merchandise.

                  Maybe hold a FIBA tournament in the US?
                  I was thinking soccer (I am a huge fan), but I already know one kid who is doing it. As for FIBA, I think there would be logistical problems considering they hold a major tourney every 2 years and getting the right for another one would be tough. Plus, demographic and ratings info from previous tourneys will likely be a pain in the ass to find.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                    How about, in the NBA offseason a 2 on 2 tourney for T-Mac's darfur refugees charity (maybe just NBAcares). It would have a pool of real NBA players and teams would be generated either randomly or pre-selected. The games would then be conducted tourney style in a one day event. Is that something you might be interested in?
                    I'd be interested if I was a basketball fan, but I'm not



                    <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by locseti View Post
                      b-ball tourney is a great idea, we hold one every year in the name of a friend that died too young, there is always a great turnout. You can raffle off prizes, sell t-shirts, (that's what we do) hand out pamphlets on the McGrady cause, everything goes to the charity. Have a dj and a beer booth. You can design flyers and include them as part of the project.
                      Yeah, I mean....I am hoping this would be huge. Considering it would be NBA players with some big guys, I would like to have it in NY or LA at MSG or Staples.
                      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Harlem Globetrotters.....you'd be rolling in the benjamins



                        <+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mud wrestling. I did this in marketing when I was in High School and did Disc Golf.

                          Sig by Hitman D.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            b-ball game where a football team takes on the local b-ball team?

                            like, Dallas Cowboys vs. Mavericks?

                            Or even, a football team has a game against a local baseball team in Basketball? when I was younger, the Niners had a team play the Giants in basketball and it was awesome.

                            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              b-ball game where a football team takes on the local b-ball team?

                              like, Dallas Cowboys vs. Mavericks?
                              How about football team takes on basketball players in baseball? The basketball team wouldn't have an advantage.

                              Sig by Hitman D.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information