Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nikkayeah View Post

this car will get you laid
    The Evo VIII's have always been my favorite model.

Originally posted by skinzzfan25
    Hopefully I won't get raped too hard through insurance so maybe a turboed 4 cyl would be cheaper than a 6 cyl.
    Go with a 4-door rather than a coupe if you can. My 3-series is a sedan, so it saves me on insurance.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
      Go with a 4-door rather than a coupe if you can. My 3-series is a sedan, so it saves me on insurance.
      If you have a backseat, most insurance companies will allow you to call it a sedan. My Civic Coupe is listed as a sedan according to my insurance... even though the car is listed as "CIVIC COUPE" on my insurance form haha.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
        Sorry for the late reply lol. I guess performance and looks. Hopefully I won't get raped too hard through insurance so maybe a turboed 4 cyl would be cheaper than a 6 cyl.
        Alright, so performance is one of your top priorities. I would cross off all FWD cars. Way too much understeer, not a fan of wheel hop. I can't recommend buying a used turboed vehicle with a clean conscience either. You end up spending way too much money fixing them. If I buy another turboed vehicle it will be brand new, no exceptions.

My suggestion is an LS2 GTO. They are incredibly fast for a stock car and once you start modding things get ridiculous. <333 the LS2 so much.

**Edit** Oh, and they are pretty rare but if you can get a Terminator Cobra...If I had $20k to spend on a car that would be it.
        Last edited by Cicero; 05-15-2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cicero View Post
          Alright, so performance is one of your top priorities. I would cross off all FWD cars. Way too much understeer, not a fan of wheel hop. I can't recommend buying a used turboed vehicle with a clean conscience either. You end up spending way too much money fixing them. If I buy another turboed vehicle it will be brand new, no exceptions.

My suggestion is an LS2 GTO. They are incredibly fast for a stock car and once you start modding things get ridiculous. <333 the LS2 so much.

**Edit** Oh, and they are pretty rare but if you can get a Terminator Cobra...If I had $20k to spend on a car that would be it.
          Well it depends what kind of performance he's looking for. Is he looking to autocross it, drag, highway runner.

Comment

• Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
            Well it depends what kind of performance he's looking for. Is he looking to autocross it, drag, highway runner.
            I figured it would be 1 or both of the latter since not a lot of people auto-x, and both of those cars rape from a roll or a drag.

Comment

• You guys can call me Schwinn mother ******* Armstrong because I'm getting one tomorrow. I've never been much of a bike rider, but I'm looking forward to biking more often once I get this bike.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                  Sorry for the late reply lol. I guess performance and looks. Hopefully I won't get raped too hard through insurance so maybe a turboed 4 cyl would be cheaper than a 6 cyl.
                  Engine size and displacement make some difference, but nothing costs more to insure than the 4 c turbo Evo. Within a reasonably similar price point, anyway - if you buy an older Corvette it still may cost more.

So shop around and check the insurance for the cars you like. Chances are, especially when you start looking into "performance" cars, the insurance will be similar across the board. The insurance companies know which cars are which based years worth of data.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
                    Engine size and displacement make some difference, but nothing costs more to insure than the 4 c turbo Evo. Within a reasonably similar price point, anyway - if you buy an older Corvette it still may cost more.

So shop around and check the insurance for the cars you like. Chances are, especially when you start looking into "performance" cars, the insurance will be similar across the board. The insurance companies know which cars are which based years worth of data.
                    Im 24 with some speeding tickets and for insurance 500 ded. 100/300 living in Chicago it would be over $350/month.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information