Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Addict View Post
    funny coincidence. I never meet people in china to begin with XD

But those countries are notoriously volatile when it comes to celebs and stuff like that. Besides Inda and China should, by numbers have a talent pool that's scary to imagine, but their respective national teams suck.
    thats because they are all playing table tennis and badminton. i think the chinese won all of the table tennis gold medals and titles there is to win this year

Comment

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
      IDK, cause I think Wilt Chamberlain should be right up there for that title. He was just in a league of his own when he was playing. Only player with 4,000 pts in a season, most points in a game, most rebounds in a game, most consecutive shots made in a game. He freaking averaged 50.4 pts in a season. For his career, he averaged 30.1 ppg and 22.9 rpg. He caused rules to be changed.

In regards to your statement, I just don't think it is so clear cut.
      I may be biased but it's because I've had lengthy discussions with 2 former NHL pros (who were very accomplished in their own right) about Wayne. They were having trouble explaining how dominant he was. From what I got out of it, the man could do whatever he pleased out on the ice because of pure talent and vision. And did you see the size of him. Incredibly small yet no one even dared to hit him due to the fact he could make them look like idiots (and Marty McSorley) :)
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

let's be honest here, what do china, japan and india have in common? They all know jacksquat about soccer. So the fact he's more popular there has more to do with marketing than anything.
        Wow, what an incredibly ignorant and somewhat moronic comment to make. Did Japan have no idea what football is when they hosted the world cup? When they one of the best footballing leagues outside Europe? What does China know about football, considering they too have a league system and compete regularly in international competitions? What does India know about football, I mean, only 130,000 people turned up to watch Calcutta play Bayern Munich and 5 of the players ended up being scouted by them? When over a million people swabbed Maradona as he toured India? What do these nations know about football?

Football may not be the number one sport in those countries, Table Tennis and Badminton especially in the Far East dominate while Cricket and Hockey may be India's first main sports but football is the only sport that is truly worldwide. You can go anywhere in the world with just a football and get on with anyone, anywhere. Hell, there's a film of 4 guys who travel to Argentina from England to meet their hero, Maradona, with nothing more then a football In American football, the Superbowl Champs are declared World Champs, despite them only beating teams in their country, for a nation to be World Champs, they have to beat countries from all over the world. China, India and Japan don't as you so eloquently put, know 'jacksquat' football. They know about football and enjoy it with a passion

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
          seriously, i hardly meet people in china that ever talk about beckham
          China may be a bit of an anomaly compared to the rest of Asia, maybe due to the stance of their government and lack of exposure, government forced 'distancing' from the west, or whatever, let's not get into that now. And I'm not going to argue with you, you appear to have traveled to China and I have not, so I'll take your word for it. But the rest of Asia is in love with him, places like South Korea go apeshit over him. I think it was there they made a statue for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jango View Post
            China may be a bit of an anomaly compared to the rest of Asia, maybe due to the stance of their government and lack of exposure, government forced 'distancing' from the west, or whatever, let's not get into that now. And I'm not going to argue with you, you appear to have traveled to China and I have not, so I'll take your word for it. But the rest of Asia is in love with him, places like South Korea go apeshit over him. I think it was there they made a statue for him.
            i didnt just travel there, both my parents are chinese.

Comment

love that man. I nearly cried to see him go off with a red card in his final game. God that was a sad moment and it never should have happened. Yes it was a stupid foul, yes with any other player it should have been a red card... but this was Zinedine Zidane for crying out loud. The man is a living legend, playing his final game. He pulls something like that, you give Materazzi red for being a douchebag.
              That was crazy. When he headbutted him I was just thinking "wtf just happened". Horribe way to end an amazing career.

I picked him because he was a player they always amazed me. It was like he had the ball on a string.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
              Originally posted by Job
              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

was the Marseille Roulette made famous by Zidane? I know he used it alot but did he make it famous?

Comment

Some people call it the '360' and the 'Maradona' but I think that it can be attributable to Zidane as well and the fact that people call it the 'Marseilles Roulette' gives that more credence, considering Zidane was born in Marseilles.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                    was the Marseille Roulette made famous by Zidane? I know he used it alot but did he make it famous?
                    Either him or Maradona...I think of Zidane when I see it though.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                    Originally posted by Job
                    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• I've only ever heard it called or called it the Maradona. IMO, Maradona is more famous for it than Zidane.

Comment

• what a beast he was. greatest rugby player I ever scene.
                        6'5 240-250, probably ran a 4.50 40. Dude was a beast

best is at 1:30 you see his speed and about 2:00 omg amaazinggg
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information