No announcement yet.

Athlete/Coach Encounters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Dennis Rodman at a Nordstrom Rack with his wife and kids.

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
      I'm almost positive I saw Tank Johnson at the Zoo recently. I didn't try to talk to him or anything though.
      Yeah...probably going to stay away from that one...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I saw Mike Vrabel when I was visiting with the Ohio State soccer team. The man is massive.

Comment

I work as a cashier, and I've seen Daniel Alfreddson, Jason Spezza, Mike Fisher and Jarko Ruutu come through my cash. Also, not me personally but one of my buddies almost fought Ray Emery at a nightclub. Also his hummer is parked near where I work a lot. ALSO SAW TEAM ****** CANADA WJHC BUS when they were in the restaurant next door. Wanted to see PK sooooo bad.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I had English with CJ Miles back in my Jr. and Sr. year in high school. That's about it.

Comment

The only athlete encounters I have had outside of Training camps and before a game. Was Marcellus Wiley. He was at a Buffalo Mall when he played for the Bills.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Most recent was I saw Thaddeus Young at Ruth's Chris a month or so ago.

Kobe was my neighbor growing up.

I know basically everyone on Temple's basketball team pretty well. Dionte was really the only player I havent really talked to much. He's not an unfriendly guy, but he can be kind of a dick. On the flip side, PF Lavoy Allen is the single nicest person I have ever met. I know/talk to some of the football players, but I dont know them as well. I talked to all of the seniors who made the NFL this year. Our KR who signed with the Broncos promised me the first Travis Shelton jersey :P

I used to see Allen Iverson and his fleet of cars when he was with the Sixers. He went to Friday's very often.

Probably a few more, but nothing too great.
                Temple University Owls

Comment

I met Jonathan Vilma at the 2005 nfl draft and I met Greg Buttle at the Jets draft party this year. I got to chat with him face to face about the selection of Mark Sanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
                    The only athlete encounters I have had outside of Training camps and before a game. Was Marcellus Wiley. He was at a Buffalo Mall when he played for the Bills.
                    Use to see Bills all the time at malls, Galleria a lot and during training camp the East View in Fairport. Some Bills were just great to talk to outside of camp. I had a great, pretty long convo with Brian Moorman when he brought his son to the Bills Experience part of camp.

I've met a few Minnesota Twins and UB Football Players. Torii Hunter, Grant Balfour, Joe Nathan, and Nick Punto are some of the nicest ballplayers you'll ever meet and earlier this year I was talking draft with Drew Willy at some school function the football team was required to be at

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

I saw OKC Thunder G Kyle Weaver at Best Buy a couple weeks ago

Comment

I have Franco Harris, Terry Bradshaw, and Mean Joe Greene's autograph.

Old school FTW.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
                          I work as a cashier, and I've seen Daniel Alfreddson, Jason Spezza, Mike Fisher and Jarko Ruutu come through my cash. Also, not me personally but one of my buddies almost fought Ray Emery at a nightclub. Also his hummer is parked near where I work a lot. ALSO SAW TEAM ****** CANADA WJHC BUS when they were in the restaurant next door. Wanted to see PK sooooo bad.
                          I miss Ruutu on the Pens. He is so badass.

I also went against Everson Griffen in high school if that counts.

Comment

Nothing much. Last year, my coach got Tom Zbikowski to speak to us (this is before the draft), and my coach is also good friends with David Diehl and he came in to talk to us as well.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

I've posted this somewhere else on here, but this is me with Jim Mora. I met him in the hotel lounge in Washington DC 2 weeks ago.

Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                                I've posted this somewhere else on here, but this is me with Jim Mora. I met him in the hotel lounge in Washington DC 2 weeks ago.

awesome, did you say anything about PLAYOFFS?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information