No announcement yet.

Athlete/Coach Encounters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met Ty Law at 2:00 A.M. on Christmas at an OnTheRun store/Exxon gas station.
    Peyton Manning Fanboy
    Originally posted by Complex
    They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

- Bill Cowher's daughter was a senior at my school this year, and he's at the basketball games all of the time.
      - Coach K was at a bunch of our teams games recruiting 5* PF Ryan Kelly, who also goes to my school (and dates Cowher's daughter)
      - Sidney Lowe came to a couple games when we played Word of God to see John Wall and C.J. Leslie
      - Julius Peppers' niece is two grades below me (but I've never met him)
      - Rob Brindamour's kid is like a 4th grader (never met him either)
      - Ray Whitney lives in my neighborhood (have met him)

I've walked by most of these people and just been like hey, good luck this season, or something like that.

Comment

Terrel Davis, Mark Tiexieria(sp?), THE LT, Melky Cabrera, and Vince Carter

SPLOOSH

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
          -my best friends dad is Randy Velischek (Hobie Baker finalist, 10 year NHL pro).
          -I was coached by Sergei Starikov (former Devils defenseman, 1980 soviet union hockey team)
          -I've met Bruce Driver, Ken Daneyko, Scott Stevens, Martin Brodeur, Paul Martin, Lou Lamarillo, the Devils Owner, and a bunch more i just cant remember who haha
          Are you Canadian? If so, no problem.

But if you are American... did you at least attempt to kill him?

;)

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

I was at Lenox mall in Atlanta on a saturday with my girlfriend and she notices a really tall man. I was like 'huh?' and i look at the man. I double take and its Amare Stoudamire! I start acting like a little kid. ahah my gf is like. Dont make a fool out of yourself! but i go up to him to shake his hand, but one of his friends (big bodyguards maybe?) says in a low voice "Mr. Stoudamire is eating". But Amare offers me a fist and we fist bump. My first and only encounter with an athlete

Go Ravens!

Comment

I saw Tony Siragusa at an airport in Tennessee after a game. Also saw Chuck Amato at my high school while he was the head coach at NC State. That was neat.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Mike Mayocks son graduated from the highschool I teach at.

Comment

Brad Johnson, Brian Moorman, Sean Morey, Mats Sundin.

I'm forgetting some but w/e.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I stood in a concession stand line with Jeff Fisher one time at a HS Football game back when his son played in HS. He and my brother played together. He's a great guy.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I've met and talked to about half of the Chicago Blackhawks team including Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, and Dustin Byfuglien. I exchange e-mails with Troy Brouwer who also plays for the Blackhawks about once every week. I've also talked to Ryane Clowe in person. Other then that, I've met some minor league baseball players, but that's it.

Not an athlete moment, but Bam and Ryan Dunn were down here a couple weeks ago at a local bar and I got to meet them.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I took a picture with Jason Watkins of UF at the Orange and Blue game. I also went to a summer camp with now-backup on the Texas A&M football team. I've gotten autographs a couple of times from Jaguars players.

by BoneKrusher
                        <DG> how metal unseen
                        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                          Scott Fujita lives in Carmel Valley and used to work out at my school.

Tony Curtis is my brothers best friend.

Herman Edwards lives down the street from me.

I went to Fili Moala's wedding yesterday.
                          fili's went to my high school. he graduated a year ahead of me. smoked with that fool before.

Hitman D

Comment

Shook hands with Todd Haley, Edgar Bennett, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike McCarthy. Passed Bill Belichick on the street. Quan Cosby stayed two rooms away from me. Just go to Indy the same weekend the combine is there, sports icons galore.

Comment

I also forgot that I played hockey when I was, like, six with Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic.

Comment

too many to mention. i feel like a total douche bragger in these threads...
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information