Tick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick

So does anyone have experiences with ticks. I know there are like 2 kinds. the big ones and little ones.. well i woke up today and my arm was numb. after further inspection i found out that i did not sleep wrong (as previously thought) but theres a tick in me. the little ones. i can only see 2 legs and the rest is under my skin. what are my options? burning it out like i usually do is not an option. is this a doctor type situation ?
    Last edited by TimD; 05-19-2009, 01:30 PM.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Ahm... is the numbness still there?
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

yeah. im typing with 1 arm only. i get ticks all the time cause i live near woods but ive never had one this deep before.
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Try burning it off, and if it doesn't work. Well, even so, I'd go to the Doctor, numbness isn't good.
        | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

their are numerous kinds. i have gotten tick bites a few times. just go to the ER, they may make you take pills after depending on the type of tick but it aint that bad.
          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

don't try to burn it off yet... try alcohol first. Rubbing alcohol or some kind of aftershave or something of that nature could work. If you're ok with wasting some booze you could use any strong liquor.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

As a teen and in the military I spent a great deal of time in the woods and heavy brush. If you are feeling a numbness in the extremity and can still see the tick, get to a doctor now. The last thing you need is for it to dig in deeper then gorge on blood. Have a physician get it out now.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Um. Use cooking oil. Motor Oil. either or.

Let it sit on there for an hour. Keep the tick covered in it. And then go to the doctor as soon as you can. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever won't kick in for a day or two anyway. You got time, you're not gonna die.
                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Also, placing clear nail polish over it can force it to back itself out - it cuts off the air supply and the tick works its way back out.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I was always told that if you rub petrolium jelly on the area the tick cannot breath and has to unbury its head.
                    Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I could also go on a rant about how Uncle Joe from Willky Wonka is a major dick.

Comment

there's a doctor office near my house so I went there. The doctor actually ripped it's body in half cause it was so deep haha so then she had to digin to get it all out. I did the whole blood test and meds thing. She said it was the one that could carry lyme disease but that doesn't mean I definitely got it

Comment

One time a few years ago, my girlfriend and I were hiking through this park and we sat on this log to take a break and the log must have housed a colony of ticks but anyway we both were infested with them. I had about 50+ ticks all over my body, some were so small, it was such a ***** to get them all off. I still worry to this day I missed one.

Comment

Pull a Brendan Fraser and cut that mofo out....if not it will eat your brain and you'll die...I think it's an easy decision.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

That was what I was thinking about reading this topic.
                            Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                            oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post

That was what I was thinking about reading this topic.
                              thank god, I was afraid I was the only one.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information