Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which school?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
    So you're definitely in all of these schools? If so, easily Cornell.
    Yeah i just asked about that because it seemed a little ridiculous that i could go to Cornell with my ****** credit average at even shittier Newcastle University. But from what i've been told if you're accepted into the program, and someone from the school you're applying to requests to come to Newcastle then it works. Just like a numbers thing. Problem being if someone with better grades chooses Cornell, they're likely to get the spot.

    There's one major sticking point about this but, 6 months at one of these midwest schools is an awful long time to be away from the beach considering i'm there nearly every day. Makes Arizona a little more appealing, even if it isn't that close to surf breaks of any kind

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Caddy View Post
      Sounds awesome 7-11. I too am looking at doing a semester abroad. These are my options.

      Boston University.
      California State University (Sacramento)
      University of Central Missouri
      Clarkson University
      Hofstra University School of Law
      Loyola University of Chicago
      Miami University
      Oregon St. University
      Pace University
      San Diego State University
      San Francisco State University
      The State University of New York at New Paltz
      The University of Arizona
      University of Colorado, Denver
      University of Hawaii
      University of Texas (El Paso and Austin)
      And that list is why i should go to a bigger uni before i do this. where do you go again?
      I would love to go to San Diego State for a semester.

      Comment


      • #33
        Wow, there are tons of schools I could exchange with. Transferring to UNC for basketball season sounds like a great idea.
        http://depts.washington.edu/nse/schools.htm

        Comment


        • #34
          I cannot recommend OU enough based on what your goals are. One of the best party schools you will ever see. Its actually pretty incredible.

          ^A Bonekrusher production^
          #15
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
            Arizona, Arkansas, Buffalo State, Clarkson, Clemson, Cornell, Iowa State, Juniata College, Kansas, New Mexico, North Carolina at Wilmington, Northern Arizona, Northern Iowa, Iowa, Ohio, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Wisconsin at Madison, Wisconsin at Platteville, Western Washington.

            The main idea of this 6 month extravaganza is to get excessively drunk, scrape by and pass my classes and just enjoy 6 months of proper college life.
            Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
            Well if thats the case..Ohio is your best bet. According to the Princeton Review Ohio ranks 5th in Top Party Schools. They are 18th according to playboy U.
            Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
            I think they say "O-U OH YEAH!"
            Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
            I would go to California but since there aren't any of those I would go to the next closest thing: Arizona. Girls in bikinis almost all year round and it's a big party school.
            Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
            I cannot recommend OU enough based on what your goals are. One of the best party schools you will ever see. Its actually pretty incredible.
            I agree with the above posters. If you are looking to get drunk and party, Ohio University has to be a top school for you. Ohio is the ******* king of halloween and there's so many bars and so many parties that it's just ridiculous. It's in the middle of nowhere though and the weather can DEFINITELY be better.

            Arizona is another big party school and the weather should be great and the girls will be better than in Ohio, at least I'd hope so =p


            FOR CADDY:
            Originally posted by Caddy View Post
            Sounds awesome 7-11. I too am looking at doing a semester abroad. These are my options.

            Boston University.
            California State University (Sacramento)
            University of Central Missouri
            Clarkson University
            Hofstra University School of Law
            Loyola University of Chicago
            Miami University
            Oregon St. University
            Pace University
            San Diego State University
            San Francisco State University
            The State University of New York at New Paltz
            The University of Arizona
            University of Colorado, Denver
            University of Hawaii
            University of Texas (El Paso and Austin)
            I don't know whats important in a school for you, but if it were me, Uni of Hawaii number 1 choice. I'm actually thinking of applying there on my next go of school. I couldn't stress how much I'd take Denver off that list. **** that place. I spent 2 weeks there and hope I have have to go back. The absolute worst part is that my lips were chapped no matter how much chapstik I used and it was only spring.
            Last edited by j05son; 05-20-2009, 04:20 AM.

            Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by j05son View Post
              I agree with the above posters. If you are looking to get drunk and party, Ohio University has to be a top school for you. Ohio is the ******* king of halloween and there's so many bars and so many parties that it's just ridiculous. It's in the middle of nowhere though and the weather can DEFINITELY be better.

              Arizona is another big party school and the weather should be great and the girls will be better than in Ohio, at least I'd hope so =p
              UCSB might beat Ohio during halloween...

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                And that list is why i should go to a bigger uni before i do this. where do you go again?
                I would love to go to San Diego State for a semester.
                I'm at UTS (University of Technology, Sydney for the Non-Aussies)

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  Just stay out of Ohio.
                  True that...the campus is gorgeous, but the town is extremely boring. I'm pretty happy I decided to go with OSU over OU. There is like a store and a bar in Athens and that is about it.

                  BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by kalbears13 View Post
                    UCSB might beat Ohio during halloween...
                    UW-Madison has both UCSB and Ohio DESTROYED when it comes to Halloween. On average, over 100,000 people from outside of the school show up for the party. It's really not even close.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      There is no valid reason to want to be in the state of Ohio. There are plenty of good schools on that list, so there's no reason you should go to Ohio.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        do NOT go to UW-Platteville. it's 90% male and it's in the middle of nowhere.

                        UW Madison rules. such a fun city. and yes, nobody touches UW's halloween.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          i know like 4 or 5 smokin' hot girls from my school going to Clemson. just saying...
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            If I had to vote for you, I'd prolly choose South Carolina. I've visited their campus once and it was pretty nice, plus it's in South Carolina, and bonus points for tons of hot girls. Add in SEC football, and it looks very good.
                            (I'm assuming you are applying for the Fall?)

                            Other than that, I can tell you if you choose anywhere in the state of Iowa, it has to be Iowa. Northern Iowa and Iowa St. are worthless. As for Iowa St., their campus is terrible, I'm not sure their business school is anything more than highschool classes, and they have absolutely nothing to offer outside of academics. Western Michigan has a fairly recognized business school, pretty much anyone that goes there it's prolly for business. But their campus isn't great.

                            IMO, and no offense to the smaller schools listed, if you want the real taste of American college life and partying, you have to choose a big school like South Carolina, Iowa, Arizona, Virginia Tech, etc.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
                              UW-Madison has both UCSB and Ohio DESTROYED when it comes to Halloween. On average, over 100,000 people from outside of the school show up for the party. It's really not even close.
                              I concur with this.

                              If you didn't add your edited part 7-11, I would say 100% go to Wisconsin. It is the best party school in the Big XI, has great athletics usually, good academics but not too hard, and a lot of gorgeous girls.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                You Aussie's shouldn't count out Canadian schools as possible options.

                                You will end up saving a ton of cash if you did that and I know we can party just as hard as some of those American schools.

                                Guelph, Queens, UBC, Western, Ottawa, McGill...Just a few schools up here that are pretty boss.

                                EDIT: Didn't see the part about financial issues. But still....
                                Last edited by JF4; 05-20-2009, 11:52 AM.

                                stephenson86

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information