No announcement yet.

Track Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say your 400. Not bad at all for a soph.

Ask me to run anything over 100m and I am dead tired.

Comment

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
      Ask me to run anything over 100m and I am dead tired.
      I was the same way. At the end of 200s I thought my body was going to collapse.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Stick with the 400 and dedicate yourself to it. High school track is really fun, especially if you are good at it. Your 25 time in the 200 indicates that you might not be explosive enough for short distance and field events but that 400 time is pretty impressive as a sophmore. Plus I think 400 is a lot more fun than a 800 or mile. I think more people watch the 400 and 4x4 than they do the mile too. Good luck!
        save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
          I think more people watch the 400 and 4x4 than they do the mile too.
          The one that every one watches is the 100m, which of course was one of the reasons why I loved it.

Comment

Yeah I always loved watching the 100,200,400, 4x1, 4x4. I wasnt explosive enough for sprints so I stuck with the jumps where I could just use good form to be good. It was pretty sad for the distance runners because everyone just left to get food during the 1 mile and 2 mile haha.
            save Freeman

Comment

Originally posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
              It was pretty sad for the distance runners because everyone just left to get food during the 1 mile and 2 mile haha.
              That's because we could get food and you'd not finish before we got back ;)

Also, I could eat junk food the day of a race, down a can of Monster about 30 minutes before I ran and be fine. You had to watch what you ate.

Comment

The best is being part of the men's 4x4. There is nobody gone warming up and it's a way to go out in style as a runner and as a track team.
                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  The one that every one watches is the 100m, which of course was one of the reasons why I loved it.
                  4x1 n 4x4 are always the exciting ones. Especially when the meet is on the line between 2 teams running the 4x4.

Comment

Originally posted by dunagan15 View Post
                    4x1 n 4x4 are always the exciting ones. Especially when the meet is on the line between 2 teams running the 4x4.
                    I loved being the 4x1 anchor.

Comment

4x4 is the best event of meets. Not only is it a crowd favorite, but it's so sick to have a meet come down to one race and see two teams run out of their minds to win.

Comment

I have to say, I find it funny that you guys were concerned about winning meets. Our mid-distance and long-distance runners were so good (I think our entire XC team ran/is running on scholarship at various TX schools and like 2-3 of our 400 runners run collegiate level) that we never had to worry about losing. Everyone was more concerned about making regionals haha.

Comment

Well I can't offer much advice for track, so all I really dcan conrtibute is this. If its a short race, run really, really fast. If its a medium race run really fast, then even faster. If its a long race, keep the pace, push the pace, then blow them out of the water (so to speak). Just keep training as hard as you can, and you will improve...
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Just keep working as hard as you can man. My sophomore year I was extremely slow. I ran a 13.0s 100 and polevaulted 8 feet. THen my junior year I shaved off and entire second from my 100 and ran 12.0 consistently and vaulted 10'6". My senior year i was running an 11.7 and vaulting 13'6". It's all about how much time you put in. Best of luck man.

BoneKrusher

360 GT: iiidiiiot
                            Go AC Gators! 7-3 (4-2)

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information