No announcement yet.

Relapse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just as good as his second album.
    There is absolutely no way that this album was as good as the Slim Shady LP, just no way.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
      There is absolutely no way that this album was as good as the Slim Shady LP, just no way.
      Slim Shady LP I considered his second greatest album, very close but I think Marshall Mathers LP was his best

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
        I would put his best songs from Relapse right up against his best songs from The Slim Shady LP.

I think that album is a touch overrated, because I don't think it has that one great song that separated itself from the rest... like he did with The Way I Am. I think he has that with Underground and Beautiful. Both those songs are pretty much head over heels better than every other track.

I think the best songs (semi-order) on the Slim Shady LP are:

1a. Rock Bottom
        1b. Role Model
        1c. Guilty Conscience
        1d. If I Had
        1e. '97 Bonnie and Clyde

6b. I'm Shady
        6c. Brain Damage
        6d. Just Don't Give A ****
        6e. Still Don't Give a ****

10a. My Name Is
        10b. As The World Turns

12a. My Fault
        12b. Cum on Everybody

14. Bad Meets Evil

What makes this CD so great is that, As The World Turns is about 10th or 11th best song on the album and its pretty ******* good. This album is just deep. Every track (Bad Meets Evil is kind of average) is good to borderline great. Even though My Name Is, is his biggest hit song (Probably ever), I don't know if I'd call it great. It's more like a #2 to a great track like The Way I Am, which is his best song and something he'll probably never touch. I don't think any rapper can touch that song, but, to me, that's what's missing on the Slim Shady LP. That one great song that seperates itself from the rest of the album. Stan, Cleaning out My Closet, Like Toy Soldiers, Mockingbird, When I'm Gone; along with Beautiful and Underground are #1 songs to me.

Relapse has about three songs that would be better than the best song on the Slim Shady LP.

Beautiful
        Underground

And
        Stay Wide Awake is right in the same group as the top 5 songs I mentioned on the Slim Shady LP. It's not a #1 song, but it would be a great #2.

The only thing I think the Slim Shady LP has that Relapse might not, is the quality from track to track. I haven't heard all these tracks enough to go down through the entire list, but there's about 4 songs that I would call average at this point, where as the Slim Shady LP has one song that I would call average. I wore that CD out when it first came out, and I haven't had the time to do it with the Relapse CD yet (main reason is because I can't stop listening to the top 3 songs I mentioned).
        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
        Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
        I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
        Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
        I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
        Originally posted by GoRavens
        Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

He is still alive? Saw him on Kimmel the other day, why does no one else care that he completely lip synchs his performances? Is that just the way it's supposed to be...he wasn't even trying to match the words with his lips, it was really lame. He was just dancing and posing round the stage.
          Last edited by Hollywood; 05-23-2009, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
            Eminem :/. I won't buy it. I'll find it online listen then dispose most likely. He hasn't impressed me since 2000.
            the marshal mathers lp was the last good album... everything else is hit and miss mostly miss!..... although when he is featured on other artists tracks.... he kills it.

Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood
              Your opinion is wrong. Those songs are really ******* terrible.
              What makes them terrible?
              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
              Just let it go RWO.
              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                What makes them terrible?
                Dont respond to people who troll threads, just feeding them~!

Comment

beautiful is such a good song, been stuck in my head all day. I need to listen to the rest of the cd though. only really been listening to that and crack a bottle
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Daaaaamn boy.

Comment

Manic when was this? He's ripping.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                        Manic when was this? He's ripping.
                        Really recently I think. That is pure fire. Em go hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Manic Depressant View Post
                          Really recently I think. That is pure fire. Em go hard.
                          Has to be recent since respect my conglomerate is pretty new.

Comment

******* loved it

Comment

I heard one song at the bar, I thought It was absolutely horrid. I live next to Detroit so ill have to be hearing this album get overplayed for some time.

Drat

Comment

Em's best song is, IMO, Till I Collapse. It doesn't get any better than that.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information