Best Man Speech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Man Speech

Ok, tomorrow I have to do the best man speech for my Brother. I'm honored, but I'm crapping my pants over it because it is going to be a big wedding. I'm only 17 and not good public speaker because I'll stutter and my face turns red. My fear is that I bomb, or I'll cry when I'm talking about the touching stuff. I want to make it short, and have some good jokes in their. Here is my layout:

Thank everyone for coming yada yada

Introduce myself (Joke)

Slowly get into the talking about my Brother (Heartwarming stuff/With a few jokes like how we both have a severe obsession of the Buffalo Bills)

Say why the Bride is perfect for my Brother (Story/and say how she was able to bear watching the first day of the 2009 Draft)

Give advice to the Bride about what it is going to be like living with my Brother(2 jokes that I hope tears the house down).

Last Piece of advice (I'll probably will say some quote or something).

Okay, I might take a risk on something to make fun of my Brother big time. One of those two jokes will be, "During football season, my brother has a tradition where he wakes up and prances around the house with his favorite Bills Thong" He doesn't have a Bills thong, nor Bills underwear, but I think this could get a big laugh, or it could be a major flop. I know a lot of people that would laugh at it, but I don't want it to be taken too far. Can anyone think of some sort of substitute, or should I stick with it?

Has anyone given a best man speech before? Any advice? Thank you.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

I gave a best man speech last summer.... I had been drinking heavily and the speech was a huge success!

Comment

Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
      I gave a best man speech last summer.... I had been drinking heavily and the speech was a huge success!
      Okay, I will be using that as one of my keys to success. Did you memorize the speech? Or did you read it from a paper?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
        Okay, I will be using that as one of my keys to success. Did you memorize the speech? Or did you read it from a paper?
        I had most of it memorized and used a few note cards

Comment

I have heard over 120 best man speeches I've given two myself (I bartend at weddings every weekend for near 2.5 years) I'd skip the thong joke. It may be seen as inappropriate considering it isn't true. Your breakdown is the general breakdown of all best man speeches. All the most memorable best man speeches contain a cheeky shot with something that is almost true or even completely true. Like if you were going football does your brother have any weird superstitions while watching the game? That would be the thing to bring up.
          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

i thought ur a comedian, how can you be afraid of talking in front of a lot of people :/

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
              I have heard over 120 best man speeches I've given two myself (I bartend at weddings every weekend for near 2.5 years) I'd skip the thong joke. It may be seen as inappropriate considering it isn't true. Your breakdown is the general breakdown of all best man speeches. All the most memorable best man speeches contain a cheeky shot with something that is almost true or even completely true. Like if you were going football does your brother have any weird superstitions while watching the game? That would be the thing to bring up.

That's a good Idea. He is a pretty plain guy, but I'm sure I'll think of something.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                i thought ur a comedian, how can you be afraid of talking in front of a lot of people :/
                Once I get going, I don't get nervous.

Comment

well, if most of the guests are Bills fans...

you could start by saying you're very excited to welcome a new addition (to the family). somebody who fits perfectly and we're all very excited to have around. build this up for a while and then say...yup...welcome to the Bills, TO. then of course you'd have to seriously welcome your new sis-in-law to the fam.

and, yeah, i'd skip the thong joke. from living with the dude your whole life you should not have a shortage of actual embarrassing stories. no need to make 'em up.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post

you could start by saying you're very excited to welcome a new addition (to the family). somebody who fits perfectly and we're all very excited to have around. build this up for a while and then say...yup...welcome to the Bills, TO. then of course you'd have to seriously welcome your new sis-in-law to the fam.

and, yeah, i'd skip the thong joke. from living with the dude your whole life you should not have a shortage of actual embarrassing stories. no need to make 'em up.
                    ha that TO one is awesome

Comment

I've given 2 best man speeches. Don't write it down. At most, jot down some bullet points that will help you keep on track. Reading speeches is very lame. I always tried to have a funny or ironic ending that would get a big laugh and then you can salute the bride-groom with a toast. It ends the speech on a real high note and it will be received well. Good luck.
                      The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I agree with skipping the thong joke. Building up a new entry to a Buffalo Bills loving family and then diverge to T.O. would be good. Everything else sounds good. Good luck, you should do fine.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Definitely skip the thong joke.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post

THAT IS AWESOME. I will use that..... THANK YOU!

Comment

My best man speech was really heart felt. It was for my best friend's wedding a few years ago. Everyone thought I was going to embarrass the hell out them but ended up saying how perfect they are for each other and that I want to emulate them in my future relationships. I don't like the idea of grilling your friend, brother, whoever on the day of their wedding. That's just not cool.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information