No announcement yet.

Best Man Speech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah stay away from making fun of your brother. Also be careful on too many jokes. You want people to know you're taking it seriously. A couple of jokes are okay to lighten the mood and such, but don't overdo it.

Plus a heartfelt touching moment can never fail yet jokes can miserably.
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      My best man speech was really heart felt. It was for my best friend's wedding a few years ago. Everyone thought I was going to embarrass the hell out them but ended up saying how perfect they are for each other and that I want to emulate them in my future relationships. I don't like the idea of grilling your friend, brother, whoever on the day of their wedding. That's just not cool.
      Agreed 100%. A nice little joke here and there is always good but Id stay away from the crude, sexual, overly embarrassing stuff. Remember this is the biggest day of their lives so far and they're sharing it with friends and family from all over that have spent their time and money to be there. Not all of them will appreciate jokes they find repulsive or don't understand.

Comment

I have given only one in my life and to this day people still mention it whenever a wedding comes up. I made no real jokes, did not rip my friend for anything and told no embarassing stories. That type of stuff is tough to pull off at a large wedding - even the Irish wedding at which I was best man. However, the TO joke is a great one and can't embarass anyone or come across as inappropriate. That's gold. Kudos to drowe on that one.

Pick 1, 2 or 3 things that matter most about your brother and speak about those things. Getting choked up a little is nothing to worry about. You are in that position for a reason. Practice it a time or two and try to do it without any notes. Definitely don't read straight from a written speech, that's bush league. lol

If you get stuck (I did after the first of 3 points b/c the speech was immediately after the wedding party was announced and I didn't even have a beer in hand - ball dropped by that wait staff) just half cover the mic and "whisper" to the groom "What were the other things you told me to say?" Everyone hears it, chuckles a little and nobody ever knows if your slip up was intentional or not - including the groom. Perfect cover. :D

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

My only advice is to avoid the jokes. It's his wedding not his roast. You don't want to be known as the guy who ruined the reception in your new sister-in-law's eyes because of an awkward joke

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            My only advice is to avoid the jokes. It's his wedding not his roast. You don't want to be known as the guy who ruined the reception in your new sister-in-law's eyes because of an awkward joke
            yeah i feel the same way.

I really like Drowe and FlyingElvis' jokes. Seriously if you kept it to just those 2 I think it'd be fine. Post your planned jokes. I'm interested to see them.
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

i would also avoid writing stuff down. gonna sound cliche, but just try to speak to how you really feel about your brother and his wife...and the marriage in general (unless of course you think the chick is a succubus...then, just lie). if you do that, it'll come across really well. plus, if you do break down and cry, you may feel like a tool, but it will almost assure you of hooking up with a bridesmaid later.

at my wedding i watched my brother crumple up his best man speech as he was standing up to give it. it was excellent. perfect mix of humor and mushy stuff.

but, yeah, you'll have to let us know how it goes.

Comment

Just don't talk about that one time in Mexico.

Comment

tell your brother that whatever he finds out about other guys it definately wasn't you and that those panties he may or may not find nudged in your coutch definately don't belong to the bride.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                  don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Okay, so this is my script:

Hello, let me start off by saying all the ladies especially Michelle look beautiful tonight! I’m glad you all could come to celebrate this special day for George and Michelle.

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m the taller, more attractive brother of George…. And still single…..Ladies.

But in all seriousness, George you are the man. Ever since I was a little kid, I looked up to you. I tried to follow everything you did……Good and Bad. But as I got older, you and I became very close. You are my Brother, and my best friend. We share the same interests: Sports, Video games, and we both have a severe obsession with the Buffalo Bills. I am glad that we’re best buddies. I’ve spoke with many friends who say their older brother doesn’t talk to them, or that they hate each other. I am truly glad we have a great relationship together. If it wasn’t for you, I would not be the man that I am today.

Michelle, I knew you were the one when you two went to Anderson’s and got Ice Cream. When you two came back to the house, I ran to the door to greet you guys. You surprised me with a bowl of Ice Cream from Anderson’s. Even though the Ice cream was melted, it was the thought that counts. Just from that, I knew you were caring, and thoughtful….. Perfect for George. Not only that, you were able to withstand watching the first day of the 2006 and 2009 NFL draft. That’s 9 hours straight of Sports Talk. Not even some of the Biggest Bills fans can bear all that sports in one sitting. I give you a lot of credit for putting up with that.

Okay, Michelle I have been living with George my whole life, and there is two things you need to know about George when you move in with him:

1) If you see George sweating, and breathing heavily, it’s probably because he encountered a centipede or any other multi-legged bug.

2) When my Brother gets home from work, the first thing he does is run up to his room, strips his shirt and tie down to his undies and reads about anything he missed about the Bills from that day.

George and Michelle, the last piece of advice Grandpa gave to me was, “Life is what you make of it”. So have some fun, take care and look out for each other. Thank you.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that last piece of advice is good, because my Grandpa passed away last month. He always gave good advice, so I think it would mean a lot to him.

I'll try to get that T.O. comment in there, but this is my rough draft.

But overall, what do you guys think?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

"I remember when you met this ***** and told me you'd be hitting that later in the night. Little did we know what this would become. Congrats bro, I love you, and the bachelor party last week was insane"
                      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Just keep it short and sweet and it'll go fine.

Comment

1. a lil funny story
                          2. a story showing his true love for his wife that you know of
                          3. serious part

that easy.
                          my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                          <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                          Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
                            Okay, so this is my script:

Hello, let me start off by saying all the ladies especially Michelle look beautiful tonight! I’m glad you all could come to celebrate this special day for George and Michelle.

For those of you who don’t know me, I’m the taller, more attractive brother of George…. And still single…..Ladies.

But in all seriousness, George you are the man. Ever since I was a little kid, I looked up to you. I tried to follow everything you did……Good and Bad. But as I got older, you and I became very close. You are my Brother, and my best friend. We share the same interests: Sports, Video games, and we both have a severe obsession with the Buffalo Bills. I am glad that we’re best buddies. I’ve spoke with many friends who say their older brother doesn’t talk to them, or that they hate each other. I am truly glad we have a great relationship together. If it wasn’t for you, I would not be the man that I am today.

Michelle, I knew you were the one when you two went to Anderson’s and got Ice Cream. When you two came back to the house, I ran to the door to greet you guys. You surprised me with a bowl of Ice Cream from Anderson’s. Even though the Ice cream was melted, it was the thought that counts. Just from that, I knew you were caring, and thoughtful….. Perfect for George. Not only that, you were able to withstand watching the first day of the 2006 and 2009 NFL draft. That’s 9 hours straight of Sports Talk. Not even some of the Biggest Bills fans can bear all that sports in one sitting. I give you a lot of credit for putting up with that.

Okay, Michelle I have been living with George my whole life, and there is two things you need to know about George when you move in with him:

1) If you see George sweating, and breathing heavily, it’s probably because he encountered a centipede or any other multi-legged bug.

2) When my Brother gets home from work, the first thing he does is run up to his room, strips his shirt and tie down to his undies and reads about anything he missed about the Bills from that day.

George and Michelle, the last piece of advice Grandpa gave to me was, “Life is what you make of it”. So have some fun, take care and look out for each other. Thank you.
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that last piece of advice is good, because my Grandpa passed away last month. He always gave good advice, so I think it would mean a lot to him.
                            Is that too long?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

So your only criteria for marriage is the ability to buy you ice cream?

Comment

lol think of a different example.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information