Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a second TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Buying a second TV

    I am looking to buy a cheap, lightweight tv to bring with me to college thsi year, because I cant lug my big/old tv with me anymore. I was looking at a cheap, but good looking tv in a 19' dynex tv for $159 at bestbuy. I am a little thrown off by such a low price. Does anyone have any experience with Dynex products.

  • #2
    tC's are pretty cheap cars, yup ;)
    Temple University Owls

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
      tC's are pretty cheap cars, yup ;)
      Thanks for noticing my typo, much appreciated.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yup. Dynex is pretty crappy. Get Insignia, Best Buy's home brand. I think it's made by Panasonic. I have one that I got for like $80 on sale and it's pretty solid for the price.
        Temple University Owls

        Comment


        • #5
          $400+ 27" LCD from Panasonic. I'm prolly going to buy one with my brother's employee discount. Woot.

          Comment


          • #6
            When I was a freshman in college I dropped like 500 on a Sharp Aquos 15 inch LCD haha. I thought it was so awesome.

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • #7
              For graduation/birthday I got a 26inch Dynex plasma or lcd. Just wait for the graduation money to pour in, and you'll be set to buy one.

              Originally posted by BeansDooma
              who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                For graduation/birthday I got a 26inch Dynex plasma or lcd. Just wait for the graduation money to pour in, and you'll be set to buy one.
                Were you happy with the TV's performance/durability/etc?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                  Were you happy with the TV's performance/durability/etc?
                  I have yet to set it up because I just got it and I already have a TV in my room, but its the same brand and model that my parents got I think both of my grandparents for christmas. They seem to like it, and I believe it has gotten good reviews. I also think it's under $400.

                  Here is the link to the best buy page: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1194052042561

                  Under 300

                  One customer review:
                  "If you are looking for a great tv for an amazing price than this is definantly what you want. I bout this tv about 4 mounths ago and was shocked with the quality. I was at first wanting to go with an "on brand" tv, untill i did a little resarch. this tv is made by philip exclusivley for Best Buy, Philip is a good name in tv's and it is almost the exact same as theire more expansive "on brand" tv's. when i got this i pluged it in' and i have basic cable and it even gave me some hd chanels with exelent picture and the sound quality is good. over all it is a great tv for a small room or people just on a tight budget."
                  Last edited by bearfan; 05-22-2009, 09:57 PM.

                  Originally posted by BeansDooma
                  who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                    I have yet to set it up because I just got it and I already have a TV in my room, but its the same brand and model that my parents got I think both of my grandparents for christmas. They seem to like it, and I believe it has gotten good reviews. I also think it's under $400.
                    Thanks. I was just curious if Dynex Tv's were total crap that no one would buy and that are lemon's that break really quickly. I feel like the biggest endorsement is continued consumers with a single brand. The price is right with a 40 dollar sale, so I guess ill give it a try.

                    Thanks to everyone for the input, and if anyone has anything else about Dynex good or bad, I'd love to hear it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                      Thanks. I was just curious if Dynex Tv's were total crap that no one would buy and that are lemon's that break really quickly. I feel like the biggest endorsement is continued consumers with a single brand. The price is right with a 40 dollar sale, so I guess ill give it a try.
                      I updated the post for you, and I am now even happier with my new tv after the reviews

                      Originally posted by BeansDooma
                      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bearfan View Post
                        I updated the post for you, and I am now even happier with my new tv after the reviews
                        Yeah I just read the reviews for that Tv along with the smaller one that I am now most likely getting, it seems like everyone seems pretty satisfied so I am pretty confident in my purchase.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I still watch on my tube tv I have had since the 90's. Will you buy me a Dynex too?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by josh07039 View Post
                            I am looking to buy a cheap, lightweight tv to bring with me to college thsi year, because I cant lug my big/old tv with me anymore. I was looking at a cheap, but good looking tv in a 19' dynex tv for $159 at bestbuy. I am a little thrown off by such a low price. Does anyone have any experience with Dynex products.
                            Honeslty, that isn't too great of a price. When you consider how (relatively) small the screen is, you can go to Wal-Mart and get a TV with a bigger screen for not much more at all. I'm not sure how much the weight issue garners, but even a 27" TV isn't heavy. Serioulsy, look on ebay or craig's list. I've seen 19" TVs for 40 bucks on there (craig's list) and nothing is wrong with them except they have been used.
                            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

                            Rest in Peace, themaninblack

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Buy a Proxima projector and just use an entire wall as your screen. It's what we did in Iraq

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information