No announcement yet.

Please...please help me SWDC...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least watch Ghosbusters on said TV, just to be safe. And entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
      At least watch Ghosbusters on said TV, just to be safe. And entertained.
      He needs to watch Ghost and see if the closed captioning comes back. If it does, pop in Ghostbusters. Bam, problem solved.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
      Originally posted by BaLLiN72
      i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
      Originally posted by Job
      NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
        closed captioning was stuck on.......but I got by.

I HATE CLOSED CAPTIONING!!!
        How come you didn't mind cc with the old TV?

Comment

Originally posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
          How come you didn't mind cc with the old TV?
          I didn't have any choice. I tried like hell to turn it off at first but I realized there was just no way it was gonna happen.....so i just had to deal with it.

But like I said, that tv was old and crappy anyway...this TV is still relatively new and in good shape, so I was quite pissed when it decided to start doing it.

Comment

Tell us your ghost stories!!

Comment

pics or didnt happen, kthxbai

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

i was going to ask you if you're running the sound through the TV or through some kind of stereo, because i had an issue once where i'd hit the mute button on the TV without knowing it, and the closed captioning would come on, however the sound would still be on because it was running through a stereo. Basically i finally navigated the menus and found an option that was selected that runs closed captioning when the TV is muted.

So if this happens again and you're running a stereo, just hit mute on the TV remote, see if that fixes anything.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

This is a great story for the FLM thread.

FYL

Comment

I didn't have any choice. I tried like hell to turn it off at first but I realized there was just no way it was gonna happen.....so i just had to deal with it.

But like I said, that tv was old and crappy anyway...this TV is still relatively new and in good shape, so I was quite pissed when it decided to start doing it.
                    Since you already have it solved thats cool. But I was going to say that I once owned a fairly new Magnavox a few years back. You couldnt go into Menu and Turn of closed captioning on it either. You had to have a controller for the TV and turn it off with that. Same goes for this older small tv I own. Must have the controller and hit the CC button over and over again until it turns off.

Now as for stories about haunted TV's. After my grandfather died we inherited his TV. We set it up in our living room and for a day or so it was fine. Well one night I fell asleep on the couch and was woken up in the middle of the night by the tv turning on. I didnt think much of it at the time so I simply turned the TV off. A fell back asleep and the TV turned back on. So naturally I thought it was my brother playing a trick on me. So I turned the TV off...took the batteries out of the control and put them in my pocket. Well I fell back asleep and once again the TV turned on. So I reached for the controller and I hit the power off button and it didnt turn off. "oh yeah I took the batteries out! duh!" So I put them back in and a turn the tv off...so I am thinking that my brother is sneaking in and turning it on...so I fake sleep watching the TV...and poof! the tv turns on...and I am kinda startled. I am just sitting there watching the TV...and then it suddenly starts changing channels...and then turns off. So I am running around the house now...I run to my parents room...i run to my brothers room...they are all asleep.

This happened again the next night when my brother stayed up to prove me wrong...and then it happened during the day when my mom was home alone.

Then we got rid of the TV.

Comment

Ghost stories!

Comment

Alright, thanks for all the attempted help guys, much appreciated!!

I got it off.....I just unplugged the TV and everything around it and the cable and just left it that way for a good half hour or so and apparently it must have reset itself or something......all gone!

yaaay!

And btw, this house really is haunted. I could go into the stories if you'd like.
                        Do it! Than I can tell mine...
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Well since they've started...

We moved into our house after the first owners had died. The husband died in the house, and the wife died in the hospital. (My grandparents live across the street and knew them pretty well). Well my room was in the room where the husband, Bill, died, and when I was about 12 years old, I was falling asleep and out of nowhere, I felt a hand tough mine under my pillow. I figured I was half asleep and imagined it, so I made sure I was awake, and felt the fingers, which felt warm, going across the back of my hand again. I lost it, I went screaming thorugh my entire house sprinting to the opposite side from my room. (Funny thing about it though, my mom said I was moving so quickly, it looked like I was crouching as I was sprinting). Well when my parents went in, they found nothing.

After two days I was able to sleep in the room again, but about a year later, I had the same thing happen, only on my foot. Well I jumped completely out of my bed and into the hall to the room, probably a 10 foot span. Didn't scream, but my heart was flying. Well my room is now in the basement of my house, and my younger brother is in that room, and he gets night terrors like crazy, but it never happens anywhere else, and hasn't happened to anyone else in my family. My grandfather always tells me how Bill used to like to smoke Cigars, and on certain days, I can smell them.

That is my story, the end.:)
                          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

/\ Pre-tay good.

In about 4th grade I remember waking up in my room, my back to the rather large window that was in it, and inexplicably feeling a huge sense of dread. I heard a creaking noise from the floor close to the window. Then a second creak, about a foot closer to my bed. I somehow didn't move, all I can remember is being very still and not knowing why. Another step. Finally I felt pressure ON my bed, the mattress sinking in, and I launched myself out of the covers and toward the door. I looked back before flinging the door open...nothing there. The window was wide open.

To this day I can't really explain. I know for sure something was walking around in the room, and if it was a person there would not have been enough time for him/her to vanish out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                              Well since they've started...

We moved into our house after the first owners had died. The husband died in the house, and the wife died in the hospital. (My grandparents live across the street and knew them pretty well). Well my room was in the room where the husband, Bill, died, and when I was about 12 years old, I was falling asleep and out of nowhere, I felt a hand tough mine under my pillow. I figured I was half asleep and imagined it, so I made sure I was awake, and felt the fingers, which felt warm, going across the back of my hand again. I lost it, I went screaming thorugh my entire house sprinting to the opposite side from my room. (Funny thing about it though, my mom said I was moving so quickly, it looked like I was crouching as I was sprinting). Well when my parents went in, they found nothing.

After two days I was able to sleep in the room again, but about a year later, I had the same thing happen, only on my foot. Well I jumped completely out of my bed and into the hall to the room, probably a 10 foot span. Didn't scream, but my heart was flying. Well my room is now in the basement of my house, and my younger brother is in that room, and he gets night terrors like crazy, but it never happens anywhere else, and hasn't happened to anyone else in my family. My grandfather always tells me how Bill used to like to smoke Cigars, and on certain days, I can smell them.

That is my story, the end.:)
                              You should've made the smart play and just guided his hand down into your boxers.

Comment

Beat me to it...

Honestly BB, IDFK.
                                Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                I think that without closed captioning.
                                ******* A!!!!

Beat me to it...

Second time I dropped the ball...
                                rofl and such. OMFG I'm really cracking up . . .

I <3 this thread.

and I was going to recommend unplugging the tv for a longer time. I win!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information